Wednesday 7 September 2022

New! Exclusive Interview With Patrick Reichelt: 2022

Here's my exclusive interview with Prachuap forward, Patrick Reichelt.


What are your feelings on Prachuap's start to the season?
Considering we are a totally new team, 6 points out of the first 4 games is something we can build on. There a lots of  new signings, but I believe everybody is doing well and settling in. The chemistry is great. Many of our new players are coming from a tough time last year and everybody has something to prove!


And your own personal performances? 
It’s ok. You can always do better, but I’m feeling quite comfortable and happy in this new environment with lots of new faces. 


What are your hopes for the rest of the season? 
I've been fighting relegation now every year since I came back to Thailand 2020 . It would be a refreshing experience to maybe not this year, but I’m honestly super confident in this group. I think single digit finish is possible. 


What are your thoughts on Chonburi's start to the season?
The team is looking good, but if I’m not mistaken so they were at this stage last year. Right? (After 4 matches last season, we were unbeaten and had 8 points - ed) I think it's too early to say, but considering the teams they have faced, the results are great. I feel Chonburi is a team that can beat and lose to everybody. More consistency over a whole season would be a good goal for them. 


Which individual players have impressed you the most? 
I said it last year and now again, Kritsada for me is the best local midfielder in the country. The first few games this season have confirmed it.


What are your expectations for Saturday's match?
Chonburi had two very good games at home against two big clubs. We have to prepare very well and maybe have some luck on our side to get something out of it. 


How would you describe the mood in the Prachuap camp ahead of the trip to Chonburi? 
We had a good last game at home and the atmosphere is very positive. I think the whole team is driving to Chonburi with a decent amount of confidence.


How will you prepare for the match?
We will leave tomorrow (Thursday) and will stay in Chonburi . It’s a long trip so I think arriving the extra day early is important.


What are your thoughts on how the Thai league has started this season? 
It’s very early, but I think the biggest issue so far is the consistency in refereeing. I am a supporter of VAR but surely not how it’s used in this country.  


What are your expectations for the rest of the season? 
Buriram Utd will be champions again.

Prachuap single digit finish in the table.

And, more of a hope than expectation, no last minute schedule changes. Ha, ha!


Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Good luck on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment