Friday 30 July 2021

NEW!! An Interview That Never Was: 2021





Over the years I have interviewed many people for websites and blogs. 99.99% of them have given their time freely and produced some wonderful results. And I am very grateful for their cooperation. However, things don't always go according to plan. Here is a summary of my recent attempts to quiz an overseas player at our club. I made the first connection via his agent on Twitter and then we moved over to Line. 


Twitter



26th December, 2020
Me: Hello. I hope you're having a good Christmas. Do you think X would be interested in doing an interview for my site? Thanks. Dale

Agent: Yes why not. You can give me your Line address.

Me: I'm xxxx on Line or you can e mail me nuichonburi(at)gmail.com. Alternatively, we can do it via DM on here. Whichever is easiest. Thank you.

Agent: His address is xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. You can write to him via email and he will answer you. Tell him his agent gave you his email address so you could contact him about an interview.

Me: Thank you. I really appreciate your help. I will send some questions tomorrow. All the best. Dale

Agent: You're welcome, mate. All the best..



28th December, 2020
Me: Questions sent.



30th December, 2020
Me: Do you know if X has received my questions? Thanks. Dale

Agent: Yes, yes. But he was busy. He will answer. I've told him to.

Me: Thank you



12th January, 2021
Me: I still haven't received a reply from X. Is he still OK to answer my questions? Thanks. Dale

Agent: Hi Dale, please resend the questtions to him again.

Me: Done. Thank you.



18th April, 2021
Me: Please could you ask X if he'd like to have another go at being interviewed for my blog. Thanks. Dale

Agent: Pls add my Line. It is xxxx



Line



18th April, 2021
Me: Hi! It's Dale.

Agent: Hi mate. Here is his Line account xxxx. You can contact him, no problem.

Me: Thank you.

Agent: You're welcome.

Me: Hi X. Your agent has given me your contact details. I hope this is ok? Would you be interested in doing a short interview for my Chonburi FC blog? If you are, I can send you some questions on here. Thank you. Dale

Player: Hello. Yes you can send them to me. No problem.

Me: Thank you. I will send some questions later today. Dale

Me: Here are my questions:

Q1 Please can you give us a bit of information about your background 
Q2 How did your move to Thailand come about? 
Q3 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Q4 What did you know about Thai football in general before you came here? 
Q5 Now you have played a full season, what are your impressions of the Thai league? 
Q6 How did you get your move to Chonburi? 
Q7 What did you know about Chonburi before you joined us? 
Q8 Why did you move to Chonburi? 
Q9 What are your impressions of Chonburi FC and the way the club is run? 
Q10 What are your thoughts on Chonburi's performance during the season just finished? 
Q11 In which areas do you think we need to improve? 
Q12 Which Chonburi players have impressed you and why? 
Q13 What were the feelings at the club after the FA Cup final? 
Q14 What do you think Chonburi can achieve next season? 
Q15 Do you have a message for the Chonburi fans? 
Q16   Is there anything else you'd like to add? 

Thank you. Dale



19th April, 2021
Player: Can I answer them tomorow? If this is not a problem for you? 

Me: Yes. That is fine. Thank you.



23rd April, 2021
Me: How are you getting on with the answers? Thanks. Dale



29th April, 2021
Me: Are you still OK to answer my questions? Thanks. Dale

Player: Yes, my friend. Tomorrow. I will answer them.

Me: Thank you.



13th May, 2021
Me: How are you getting on with the answers? (Read, but no reply)




No comments:

Post a Comment