Thursday 23 September 2021

NEW! Interview With Douglas Cobo: 2021

My exclusive interview with ex Chonburi defender, Douglas Cobo, who will be lining up against us for Khon Kaen Utd on Saturday.



What are your thoughts on Khon Kaen Utd's start to the season?
I think we've had a good start, especially because it’s the first ever season of Khonkaen United in Thaileague 1. In the first 3 games we made 2 goalkeepers Man of the Match. That's a good point. 


What are your expectations for the club this year?
I hope we can perform well and finish in the top 10. Our team is well trained. We not come all the way up to bounce straight back down.


What does it feel like for you to be playing in the TPL again?
I've played all the leagues, T4, T3, T2 and T1 and it’s good to come back to highest league in the country 10 years after I last played in it. I see that a lot has changed and the level is much higher now, especially the Thai players.


What are your plans for when you finish your playing career?
Honestly I don’t know what I’m going to do, but I’m definitely  will work in something relate with football.    


What do you enjoy about playing at Khon Kaen Utd?
All the support that I have received since I arrived at the club. The fan club is amazing. Also, the city has got everything that me and my family need. It is good to be part of the history of the club, being the only foreigner to stay with the team since we started T4 in 2018.


Can you tell us any funny stories about your Khon Kaen Utd team mates?
The funniest guy in our club is Suwit (nÂș2). He is always joking and something always seems to happen to him. But the funniest thing is when he tries to speak English with others and he wants to be cool, saying words like “bro”! Hahahahah


What are your favourite memories of your time at Chonburi FC?
I have a lot of good memories, but the best I think must to be the first professional goal of my career. I scored agains Kedah at the national stadium, playing the group phase of the AFC Cup.


Do you keep in touch with anyone who was at Chonburi with you?
Yeah, for sure. Me and Michael Byrne are very close, and I often speak with Mohamed Kone.


And do you still have friends at the club?
No, I just see the players and some fan club members at the games. Besides that I don’t have contact with anyone. 


Do you have any funny stories from your time at Chonburi?
I laugh when I remember the kitman called Jhon. That guy was funny. Always speaking loud and with good vibes. When I first arrived in Thailand, we were in Chumpon playing a tournament. He came to our room with sticky rice and roasted pork, and tried to speak with us in Thai-English. We couldn’t understand a word of what he was saying. There is also this time when I showed up with a moustache at training. Every single player laughed at me, especially Sintawechai!


What are your thoughts on Chonburi's start to the season?
I think Chonburi's game is very consistent. They lost concentration agains Muangthong Utd, but that's game they should’ve won. They have quality players, otherwise they wouldn’t have drawn with BG Pathum Utd.


How do you think we will do this season?
I really think they can finish in the top 5 this season. But the league is very even this season, so we will have to wait to see. Anything can happen.


What are you expecting from Saturday's match?
The game is not going to be easy, no game in the Thai league is easy, but I hope we can perform our best and get 3 points.


Which Chonburi players do you need to be wary of?
For sure, Dennis Murilo is the most dangerous. He’s deadly near the box.


Would you like to make a score prediction?
I think 1-0 for us is good.


Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I just want to say thanks to you and everyone related with Chonburi FC. If it wasn’t for this club I would never have come to Thailand and had this amazing experience. This club will be always in my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment