Sunday 1 January 2023

New! First Leg Reviews - 10. BG Pathum Utd (Khun Obb): 2022


Q - Overall, how satisfied are you with your team's performance over the first half of the season? 
Seeing how we ended last season with head coach Teguramori, I’d have to say I am disappointed with BG Pathum United’s performance thus far. Many people, myself included, expected us to be in a two-horse race with Buriram United for all domestic titles - that did not happen and we’re 15 points behind the leaders, which is just sad. 


Q - What has been the highlight of your season so far?
Being at the Saitama Stadium 2002, seeing BG Pathum United take on Urawa Reds in the AFC Champions League quarter-finals is definitely the highlight of my first leg. But if we’re counting only domestic competitions, it would have to be beating Buriram United in the Thailand Champions Cup at the beginning of the season. Everyone at the club was so optimistic after that win. 


Q - And the low point? 
Losing to Ratchaburi FC away. We were completely outplayed throughout the entire game. We barely had a shot on target. Everything that could have gone wrong - went wrong. The mood on the bus home, and around the club that entire week was simply toxic. Just recalling that memory makes me depressed. 


Q - Apart from your own, which is the best team you've seen so far this season? 
Hands down Chonburi FC. I love the energy and the fighting spirit of this squad. I watched Chonburi FC live twice this season; the first was the opening day win over BG Pathum United, and the second game was the 5-1 win over Muangthong United. What a performance!


Q – And the worst? 
Chiangrai United when they came to BG Pathum United in the final fixture of the first leg. They didn’t show anything special apart from one good pass that they scored from and in the end, we beat them 3-1.


Q - What are your hopes for the rest of the season for 
a) your club? 
Reach the finals of the two domestic cup competitions. Winning the FA Cup would be nice. 

b) the league in general? 
I want to see a good race for the top-half clubs to get into the second and third-place spots. 


Q - Please sum up your season so far with song lyrics or by song title 
I hope this old train breaks down
Then I could take a walk around
And, see what there is to see
And time is just a melody

From the song “Breakdown” by Jack Johnson. This is my second year working full-me for BG Pathum United and another year where things go by so fast. Being a fan of the club, I’m not sure I can process the emotional rollercoaster I’ve just sat through (and there’s still halfway to go!). A little breather just to enjoy the moment would be nice. 


Q – Anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you for sending out these questions, I really enjoy what fans of other clubs have to say. See you at the final game of the season at BG Stadium?

No comments:

Post a Comment