Monday 21 December 2020

NEW!! Interview With Gafar Adefolarin Durosinmi: 2020

My exclusive interview with Chonburi's new signing, Gafar Adefolarin Durosinmi


First off, welcome to Chonburi! What would you like us to call you?
I can be called Fola that’s easy or Prince 


How did your move to Chonburi come about and what are your thoughts on joining the club?
I was told by my management that they got contacted by the team and the coach spoke to me personally about his plans and how he think I can be of help to the team. I turned down more lucrative and even long term offers to join Chonburi, so my intentions are clear and I chose this team because I know it is a great club. I feel great coming here and I had to tell my management that Chonburi is my first choice of all the offers on ground. At this moment I have considered every option on the table, and I must confess I love how the coach made me see reasons and the project he has even though the duration is just till the end of the season. He is a great coach with track records and I know he can help make the team better by improving we the players. 


It must be a relief after all your recent problems at Trat? How frustrating was for you to be in that situation?
It has not been easy because I love to play football more than anything but the situation left no option for me than to be courageous and fight for what I deserve. 


You have played against us many times in the past, what were your impressions of the club then?
Chonburi is a professional club that I have admired for long and love the way they produce young talent and play beautiful football.

 
What have been your initial impressions of the club as a Chonburi player?
As expected everything has been tremendous and the people are friendly and ready to help.


Which of our players are you most looking forward to playing alongside?
I must confess I admire all the young lads like Worachit, Kritsada, sittichok and the veterans like Sintaweechai, Kroekrit, Noppanon.


What do you think we can achieve this season?
For me I think this team is big and the ambition also shouldn’t be less. A top 5-7 finish can be achieved and also competing to win the cup. 


What are your personal ambitions for the rest of this season?
My ambition for now is to help the team as much as I can to achieve it goals by fighting, creating and scoring goals. 


And your long term ambitions?
To achieve great things this 2nd round and continue playing at the top, also helping the young lads to fulfill their potential 


What are your thoughts on your likely debut - at home to Buriram Utd on Saturday?
It is a big one and every player wants to fight in such games and have the bragging right for their team.


Finally, do you have a message for the Chonburi fans?
We have a young team, they should support us and we will never give up and fight 100% 




No comments:

Post a Comment