Wednesday 23 December 2020

NEW!! Interview With Henry Musa: 2020

TPL
Sukhothai 1-2 Chonburi
Thalay Luang Stadium
Friday 18th December, 2020


Most post match interview with Sukhothai fan, Henry Musa.

Please can you introduce yourself
My name's Henry and I'm a long time Sukhothai fan, as well as the administrator of the Sukhothai F.C. English Fanzone facebook page. A bit about myself, I was born in Sukhothai, moved to Australia as an infant and returned to Thailand as a teen. I've been back and forth between Thailand and Australia since. 


How long have you been supporting Sukhothai?
Since 2011. I was in Mathayom 3 (Grade 9) at the time and started attending matches just as something to do on the weekends. My first match was a 5-0 loss to Nakhon Sawan FC. But the fans, the food and the atmosphere kept me attending matches. 


And how long have you been running the Facebook page?
Since 2013.


Why did you start your page?
Just as a hobby, mainly to share information about the club in English with the two expats I knew were living in Sukhothai at the time. My 16-year-old self took a lot of inspiration from the Chiang Mai F.C. English Fanzine facebook page. As I didn't have a fan magazine (fanzine), I decided to change the word fanzine to fanzone. It's because of that influence that fan and zone aren't two separate words in the page's name.

Nowadays, fans from all over the world visit the page. Besides from the expats who support the club and call Sukhothai home, we have a large following from fans based in the countries where our foreign players are from. Mainly Madagascar, Brazil, Myanmar and in the past El Salvador, Indonesia, Malaysia and The Philippines. 


How often do you get to watch Sukhothai these days?
Not often, unfortunately. I've been based in Rayong over the past few years and it's mainly away games around the Eastern Seaboard and Bangkok that I get to attend. Though, if I'm in Sukhothai during a home match I never miss a game.


So how do you manage to stay in touch with what is happening?
I keep an active eye on the main Sukhothai FC facebook page for information to translate and share in English. But Bill Greves, who is an avid Firebat supporter currently living in Sukhothai is my eyes on the ground and helps me run the page, as well as do matchday reports. I'm also close friends with Tony, the fanclub president, who gives me intel from time-to-time. 


How have your team been performing this season?
If I could explain our performance in one sentence I'd say, like a rollercoaster that has reached its peak and is now hurling out of control towards the ground. Hoping there's a second peak this Firebat roller coaster is yet to climb! 


What did you make of last Friday's match?
You guys haven't been bad at all this year. A few red cards cost you a game or two earlier in the season, accompanied by a recent run of losses but looks we might've turned your luck around for you! As a Sukhothai fan, I was obviously hoping for a win. That being said, after having my expectations shattered during the recent loss against Rayong, I knew not to be overconfident, but nevertheless was not expecting us to lose. Leading up to the match, I wouldn't say there was any particular Chonburi player who I was wary of but have to hand it to Phanuphong Ponsa, fantastic goal to take the lead and all round solid team effort by Chonburi.


What are your expectations for the rest of the season?
I just hope that we can stay comfortably out of the relegation zone. Don't think my heart can take another relegation battle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment