Sunday 27 November 2022

New! On The Road - Samut Prakan City: 2022

On The Road - Samut Prakan City
Saturday 26th November, 2022




Stadium
Samut Prakan SAT Stadium

Transport
Motorbike from SriRacha

Cost
B150 - petrol

Travelling Time (total journey)
Outward: 1 hour 46 minutes. Included a couple of stops for breaks and to check the satnav.

Return - 1 hour 40 minutes. I came back a different way, which was a more pleasant experience due to the better quality of road surface and less traffic.

Total Distance Travelled
151kms

Match Ticket
B80. Excellent value. 

Programme
None available.

Club Shop
There was no official club shop or even that good old Thai club alternative, the trestle table. However, the sports shop across the road was selling Samut Prakan City shirts and had a fair number of customers inside when I poked my nose through the door for a quick look.

Away End
I sat/stood with the more boisterous home fans in the stand opposite the main stand. The view was good and the atmosphere was terrific. The supporters didn't stop singing, chanting and drumming for the whole ninety minutes. Extra percussion was added by people stamping their feet on the metal terracing. A nice touch.

Staff
Excellent. The ticket sellers, guards and food and drink vendors were all friendly and helpful. The girl who sold me my Chang was particularly pleasant.

Food
You are spoilt for choice in this area. There were lots of shops and stalls within a five minute walk of the ground. And a large Saturday market a few hundred yards away. Sadly, the food inside the stadium (where I was) amounted to packets of peanuts and watermelon seeds.

Beer
Yes. I bought a large bottle of Chang and had another one bought for me (Thanks, Phil!). You could also take it into the stand - in a plastic cup - without any problems.

Highlight of the Day
Meeting up with my mate, Phil. It's always good to catch up with him - and on this occasion his wife, Tun, too. We had a great chat. Another highlight was watching Chonburi loanee, Rachata Moraksa, in the Samut Prakan City midfield. What a talent this lad is. He appears to be the complete player and, based on what I saw yesterday, has a great future in the game.

Overall Experience
Fantastic. I really enjoyed my trip to the Samut Prakan SAT Stadium. It was well worth the bum numbing three hours plus on the motorbike. There was only a small crowd, but they made a lot of noise and made me feel very welcome. The football was entertaining - the home side were particularly impressive until it came to the final third - and the match was a good advert for the second tier. Highly recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment