Tuesday 28 February 2023

New! On The Road - Nongbua Pichaya: 2023


Stadium
Pichaya Stadium, Nongbua Lamphu 

Transport
Car from SriRacha

Cost
B7,200 - car rental
B3,200 - petrol
B140 - tolls
B6,240 - hotels
Total = B16,780

Travelling Time (total journey)
We had some family business in the north east to attend to and also decided to add a little break into the mix - stopping over in Korat (once on the way up and again on the way home), Khon Kaen, Ubon Rattana and Nongbua Lamphu. In total we were away for one week and on the road for 20 hours and 56 minutes.   

Total Distance Travelled
1,113.67kms  

Match Ticket
B200 

Programme
None available.

Club Shop
A trestle table outside the main stand. I didn't look too closely, but they seemed to have very little on sale.

Away End
A small metal structure on the far side, opposite the impressive main stand - which looked completely out of place at the ground and in the rural setting. In spite of its size, there was more than enough space for the 59 Chonburi fans who had made the long trip up to the north east. It reminded me of the away section at Chainat a few years ago.

Staff
Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The two guards on "duty" outside the away end were up for a laugh and also helped my wife look for my glasses after she had dropped them from the top of the stand. Thankfully, they were found - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see to write this report.

Food
All the usual Thai fayre was available outside the ground. I wasn't hungry, but my better half enjoyed her B40 pla muk.

Beer
Only Leo seemed to be available. It was B80 for a large bottle which, when poured into a plastic glass, was allowed inside. I was thirsty.

Highlight of the Day
The pre match buffalo show outside the ground. This was definitely a first for me and I was made to feel welcome by the farmers and their magnificent beasts, as I posed for photographs. Probably a first for them too.

Overall Experience
Brilliant. Result aside, I really enjoyed this trip. Sadly, in spite of our lot's efforts, it still looks like Nongbua Pichaya will go down this season. Which is a real shame. This excursion should be on everyone's "To Do" list. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment