Thursday 26 September 2019

Diary Of An Away Day: 2009

Diary of an Away Day
Nakorn Pathom v Chonburi
Saturday 26th September, 2009



07:30hrs: Woke up. Made a cup of tea and went back to bed to read ‘When Saturday Comes’.

08:15hrs: Got up.

08:45hrs: The wife went out to the hairdressers. I started up the computer and tried to log on to the internet. Unfortunately the connection wasn’t working.

09:00hrs: Had some breakfast and did the washing up.

09:30hrs: Pottered about the house. Listened to The Jam’s ‘In the City’ lp – hard to believe that it’s 32 years old!

10:15hrs: The wife came home looking lovely.

10:30hrs: Started to get ready for the long trip ahead. Packed the usual things, including a change of clothes (in case it rains) and a copy of ‘The Olivetti Chronicles’ by John Peel.

11:10hrs: Left the house.

11:20hrs: Nearly get knocked off the motorbike when a car pulled out without indicating. I aimed a few choice Anglo Saxon expressions in the direction of the driver.

11:25hrs: Arrived at the bus stop. The usual crowd has gathered.

11:30hrs: The arranged departure time. The bus still was nowhere to be seen.

11:45hrs: Still waiting for the bus.

12:00hrs: Still waiting for the bus.

12:15hrs: The bus arrived. My Dutch friend and fellow Chonburi fan, Jerry, pops along to say goodbye – he’s going back to Holland for 6 months so will miss the end of the season.

12:20hrs: The bus set off. Only 50 minutes late.

13:15hrs: Toilet and food stop just north of Chonburi. I bought some noodles, a packet of crisps and a bottle of water

13:50hrs: The driver took a wrong turn. A five way discussion ensued.

14:00hrs: We headed back the way we had just come.

14:00hrs – 15:30hrs: I read a few chapters of ‘The Olivetti Chronicles’ as the Thai countryside passed by.

15:40hrs: We arrived at the stadium.

15:45hrs: I bought a couple of souvenirs from the Nakorn Pathom FC stall. The match kicked off with most of us still outside.

15:50hrs: I found a seat and sat down.

16:35hrs: Half time. 1-1. I chatted with a few other fans and we all felt confident that we’d go on to win the game. Nakhon Pathom had equalised just before the break, but we had been the better team.

  



17:45hrs: Full time. Won 2-1. I chatted with a few more fans and we were all happy with the result and, more importantly, the performance.

18:15hrs: We got back on the bus.

18:30hrs: The bus left the stadium.

19:35hrs: Toilet and food stop. I bought a Kit Kat and a bottle of water.

19:55hrs: Back on the road.

21:30hrs: Nigel from www.thaileaguefootball.com calls for a match report. I manage to struggle through it – I’d been on the sauce since half time so it probably sounds more garbled than usual!

21:55hrs: Received a text from my mum to let me know that it was 0-0 at half time in the Southend v Oldham match.

22:00hrs: Arrived back at the drop off point – it started to rain.

22:10hrs: Arrived home soaked to the skin. It had been fine all day!!

22:15hrs: Sat down – in my dry clothes - to watch the rest of the Wigan v Chelsea match on the TV

22:55hrs: Received a text from my mum. Oldham won 1-0. Went to bed a very happy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment