Wednesday 18 September 2019

Interview With Bangkok Utd Fan, Svein: 2010



My interview with Bangkok United fan, Svein, from early 2010:

What is your name and where do you come from? 
- My name is Svein and I come from Norway.

How long have you been in Thailand? 
- Almost 2 and a half years.

What got you interested in Bangkok Utd? 
- I wanted to check out the TPL and went to a game against BEC Tero. The Bangkok United supporters were great and United got the equalizer in the last minute. That persuaded me to become a supporter of Bangkok United.

How did you hear about the club? 
- I saw a big poster outside Central World in Bangkok, and then via the club's website.

How often do you go to games?
- I went to see 3 league games and 1 FA Cup game last season. Sadly, I only started going to the games a few weeks before the end of the season.

Will you be trying to go more often next season? 
- Yes! I`ll try to go to most of the games in 2010, but probably not to TTM, Buriram and Sisaket.

Have you seen your side pre-season? 
- Yes, I went to the Bangkok Charity Cup, when we won both our games on penalties.

How are the team shaping up?
- Well, the results in pre-season could have been better, we've had lots of drawn games. Last year we created lots of chances but didn`t score many goals and that has continued in pre-season. However, we won the last game 8-2 (against PTT), so maybe that will change everything. Hopefully the goals will come now. They have to turn some of the draws into victories. 15 draws last year in 30 league games.

How do you think you will perform next season? 
- I think we will do much better than last season, and I hope to see us in the top half of the table.

Have any particular players caught your eye so far?
- The goalkeeper, Weera.

Who do you think will win the TPL next year?
- I think the same teams will be up there again in 2010. Who will win it? We'll have to wait and see.

Do you follow the Thai national team?
- Yes.

Do you go to many home games?
- I have been to 5 or 6 games in the last couple of years.

Is Bryan Robson the right man for the job? 
- I'm a Manchester United fan so yes, of course!

Can we still qualify for the AFC Asian Cup?
- It will be hard, but it's possible. I think we have to hope for a draw in the Jordan vs Singapore game.

Will you be at the match today? 
- No. Sorry. I`m waiting for the start of the league before I travel from Bangkok.

Anything else you'd like to add? 
- I want to wish everyone a good season.

Thanks for your time, Svein. 
- Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment