Saturday 21 September 2019

Interview With Nutlada Korsuwan: 2012

My interview with True Sports TV presenter Nutlada Korsuwan, from December, 2012.



Q - Please can you start by introducing yourself.
A - My full name is Nut-lada and my family name is Korsuwan. In Thailand people usually have nicknames, and mine is Nan. Now I am 29, working as an MC for TV cable company called True Visions. I am also an outdoor sports reporter for the True Sport channel.

Q - How long have been interested in football?
A - I did not pay much attention to football in the first place for I thought it was for the guys. My dad watches English and Thai matches, so I knew a bit about football but did not follow it regularly until I got a job at True Sport.

Q - What first got you interested in football?
A - Actually, as I said, my interest in football first came with the job. Since I have worked for the sports channel, I‘ve had to learn about many sports seriously, and one of them is football, which is considered the world’s most famous sport. But, if you ask me as a girl, I would say that my first interest in football comes from the players, both their appearance and talent.

Q - How long have you been doing your current job?
A - It has been 2 years since I started my current position as an outdoor reporter for Thai Premier League. Previously, I worked in this field for some other sports on the True Sport channel and as an MC for True Visions. So, in total, I have 6 years’ experience in sport news.

Q - How did you get your current job?
A – A few years ago, a senior at True Visions asked me if I wanted to be a presenter for a sports channel. I did not understand clearly about the definition of “presenter”. I thought it was about a TV advertisement or a photo-shooting for sports products, so I was glad that he saw me as pretty and presentable. I found out what it really was on the day I started working. He meant that the presenter is the reporter. So, I took my first step in this field as a sport reporter covering “U League, U Gen”, the variety show about the university football competitions.

As for the Thai Premier League, I actually started with just a short talk in the show’s opening and closing, but with more opportunities given by the seniors here, I have a bigger role and I have become more serious about the show and football since then.

Q - What jobs have you done before?
A - I had nothing to do with football at all and I never expected to be in this field. When I was young I dreamed to be a singer or an actress because my parents led me to these kinds of activities. My dad taught me to sing while my mom took me to Thai classical dance and contemporary dance classes, as well as gymnastics practice for many years to keep me healthy (I am not quite strong, physically). I had been a national gymnast until 18, and become a dancer at Grammy Entertainment for many artists. What made me proud the most was the opportunity to dance for Thongchai McIntyre for 3 years (Thailand’s number one singer, well know as Bird Thongchai).

One big change in my life came in 2004, when I applied for a reality show called “Academy Fantasia”, the first reality show for people who are interested in singing, dancing and acting. I did not win in the end, but it did not matter at all because at least I was chosen to be 1 of the final 12 ‘dream chasers’. I had memorable experiences, I had challenged myself, and made my family proud and that was it. Moreover, I have met good friends, and received warm support from my fans, which made me feel blessed enough. Anyway, being one of the dream chasers led me to the job opportunity in entertainment industry as I dreamed. I am what I am today from that big step.

Q - How many matches do you cover in a season?
A - Since True Visions has the authority to broadcast live Thai Premier League for the whole season, I have to go for a live report in every match. I think there are around 68 matches in total.

Q - How many different grounds have you visited?
A - I think I have been to almost every ground. Actually it depends on the schedule of the matches broadcasted on the channel True Sport 2. If you follow the match, you will find me there.

Q - How much preparation do you have to do before each match?
A - A lot, because I am not that knowledgeable about football so I have to work harder. I follow the news about the players, movements in each team, players trading and game results.

Q - Which is your favorite ground to visit and why?
A - For me I personally like the ground of SCG Muangthong United because it really gives me the atmosphere of football game there.

Q - Which are your favourite Thai teams?
A - Well, I have to say that I love every team because they are all Thai. I admire all of their efforts and hard work.

Q - Who are your favourite Thai players?
A - This is a really difficult question! I have a long favourite list! I like Kawin Tammasajjanun (Goalie – Muang Thong Utd), Sintavechai Hathairattanakul (Goalie), Teerasil Dangda (forward – Muang Thong Utd), Pipob Onmo (forward),Terdsak Jaiman (Attacking Midfield), and … Oh that should be enough already hahaha.

Q - Who is the best person you've interviewed? And why?
A - I love them all! They are all nice and very cooperative.

Q - Who would you most like to interview? And why?
A - Now I would like to interview Teerasil Dangda very much, for he is the joint top goal scorer in Thai League 2012 and his work in AFF Suzuki Cup is impressive. For me, he is considered the player with the top form.

Q - Which is the best Thai league match you've ever seen and why?
A - The match between Chonburi and SCG Muangthong United because the players in both teams brought out their best with high spirits.

Q - What is the best thing about your job?
A - The opportunity to learn new things and gain new experiences from meeting a lot of people in football society from management level to the audiences.

Q - What is the worst thing about your job?
A - Pressure! Because the live broadcast is what we call a ‘Real Time production’ which has high possibility to have errors or technical problems. I have to be very careful and try to control the imperfections and keep them at the minimum level.

Q - Do you ever get the chance to go and watch a match when you're not working?
A - Yes, I watched the Toyota League Cup  match between Bangkok Glass and Chonburi FC at Leo Stadium, and the AFC Cup tie between Chonburi FC and Al-Zawra’a at Chonburi Stadium. But for Thai Leagues I am always on duty.

Q - What is the funniest thing that has happened to you whilst covering a Thai league match?
A - It happened in my first live report while I was leading the show to the live broadcast. I said “Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I, Nut-lada Korsuwan, will take you to the universities football championship which will be broadcast live from the stadium of Bangkok Metropolitan University.” Actually, the name is just Bangkok University! I was so embarrassed and afraid that things would turn out messy and unprofessional. But the show must go on, right?!? So I just continued like nothing happened. I still laugh at myself every time I think about it.

Q - Will you be covering the AFF Suzuki Cup?
A - Probably not, but I will follow the news and I believe that the Thai team will do a great job.

Q - Which AFF Suzuki Cup match are you most looking forward to and why?
A - The final match with the Thai team, of course. We have not seen the Thai team in an international match for a  while.

Q - How do you think Thailand will do in the AFF Suzuki Cup?
A - With the potential and talent of each player, plus the skills and experience gained from Thai League matches in the previous season, I believe that, in the name of Thailand, they will have their best presence in the AFF Suzuki Cup for all Thai fans.

Q - If you could ask Worawi Makudi one question, what would it be?
A - How do you feel about the criticism of your work all the time?

Q – Anything else you’d like to add?
A - Last but not least, I would like to thank Mr. Dale Farrington for the opportunity to have this interview, everyone in my life who has helped me get this far and make me who I am today, all support and feedback, and above all, my beloved family who is everything to me, who supports, understands and guides me when I find difficulties in both my career or my life. Thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment