Monday 5 October 2020

Suphanburi 0-1 Chonburi - FA Cup Semi Final: 2014

FA Cup Semi Final

Suphanburi 0-1 Chonburi

Rajamangala Stadium, Bangkok

Sunday 5th October, 2014


My post match interview with Suphanburi fan, Patrick Brixner

Q - How do you think Suphanburi performed during the match?

Suphanburi FC performed pretty well, even though I was expecting a little more from our guys. We knew this game against Chonburi would be extremely hard for us, but after all, I’m pretty satisfied with our team’s performance. 

 

Q - What did you think of your coach's tactics and team selection?

Honestly speaking I didn’t like our team selection so much. In my humble opinion important players like Jakkaphan and especially Bireme should have started this game to help our attack and to retain more of the ball as well. Perhaps I feel like our wonderboy; Chapuis was not at his best. Probably the coach should have used him during the second half only since he seemed a little tired from the Incheon Games and the long flight as well.

 

Q - Who was your best player and why?

Anurak. According to me, our goalkeeper was really amazing, saving our side on several occasions. Bireme had a very positive impact in the team as well, when he came on.

 

Q - If you could ask your coach one question about yesterday's match, what would it be?

Why didn’t he start this crucial game with Bireme and Jakkaphan?

 

Q - How do you think Chonburi performed?

Chonburi FC performed pretty well in my opinion. You guys did manage to create some very good chances during the game as well as stopping all of our attempts as well. The game was quite equal, but the Sharks were more efficient I would say.

 

Q - What did you think of our tactics?

They were pretty effective I must say. Chonburi FC was very offensive in the beginning of the game, creating some very good chances and giving a hard time to our defenders. After the goal, our guys tried to equalise but Chonburi handled our attackers quite well , stopping our boys on several occasions and creating some good chances through counter attacks.

 

Q - Who was our best player and why?

I believe Juliano Mineiro was your best player. Not only because of the goal, but his performance during the match was quite solid, controlling the game and creating a couple of chances.

 

Q - If you could ask our coach one question, what would it be?

I would like to know if he believes the TPL title race can have a negative effect on his team’s performance at the FA Cup final next month?

 

Q - What do you think about the referee's performance?

Unfortunately my team lost, so it would be a lot easier for me to blame the referee, but he did a pretty decent job I must say. Maybe one or two mistakes, but definitely he did not influence the final score.

 

Q - What did you think about the atmosphere inside the stadium?

The atmosphere inside the stadium was really awesome, as I was expecting. Both sides managed to bring a huge number of fans, making the spectacle even better for all of us who were there.

 

Q - What did you think about the organisation at the stadium?

It was pretty good I must say. Personally speaking, I don’t have many complaints about the organisation at the Rajamangala.

 

Q - What was the highlight of your day?

Even though Suphanburi FC lost, I really had a great time watching the match on Sunday. My highlight of the day was seeing both fan bases supporting their clubs unconditionally during the entire match, I’m really looking forward to attending more matches like this one in the future.

 

Q - What are your expectations for Suphanburi for the remainder of the season?

That is a tough question. Sadly we cannot expect to win any major tournament this season anymore, so I just hope and wish we can win our remaining matches, finish the competition in a respectable position and start focusing for the next season. I have faith we will bounce back next season.

 

Q - Do you have a message for the Chonburi fans?

I would like to congratulate them for their amazing support during this entire season. In my point of view, one of the main reasons why Chonburi is performing so well is due the support they are receiving from their incredible fan base in each and every game. Keep it up guys!!!

 

Q - Anything else you'd like to add?

Once again I would like to thank you for this great opportunity and would like to wish Chonburi FC all the best for the rest of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment