Sunday 3 January 2021

Zulfahmi Arifin by Deepan Raj: 2017

Singaporean football fan, Deepan Raj, with the lowdown on Zulfahmi Arifin, Chonburi's new signing in December, 2017.



Q - Please can you introduce yourself
I’m Deepan Raj. I’m 19 and I come from Singapore.
 
Q - How long have you been following Zulfahmi's career?
I have been following his career since 2013, when he was playing for LionsXII, a Singaporean team playing in the Malaysian League.
 
Q - What do you think his strengths are?
His strengths are his skills and his passing, especially through balls. He’s also good at tackling and taking free kicks
 
Q - And his weaknesses?
He doesn’t mistakes if you play him his natural position in midfield. He can play in defence, but he will make some mistakes there.
 
Q - How is he perceived in Singapore and by fans of the clubs he's played for?
During his time at LionsXII many fans praised him. In 2014, he started making a lot of mistakes and fans started to curse and jeer him time all time. In 2015, he played  most of the games in defence and he did quite well. Then fans started to praise him once again. The following year,  he joined Hougang United and that is where he improvde himself and proved many people wrong.
 
Q - How do you think he'll get on in the Thai Premier League?
I think it’s a new environment for him playing in another national league. I hope he will adapt fast and improve himself.
 
Q - How closely do the Singaporeans follow the Thai league?
Many Singaporean have followed the Thai league since our goalkeeper, Hassan Sunny started playing for Army United.
 
Q - Do you think more will take an interest because of this move?
Yes indeed. More Singaporean fans  will be interested in Thai football and more players will want to play in such a high quality league.
 
Q - In his interview for my site (below), Zulfahmi asked the fans to think of a nickname for him. Could you suggest one?
If I were to give him a nickname, I would call him ‘The Midfield General’.
 
Q - Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for inviting my to answer these question. It has been my pleasure to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment