Friday 28 April 2023

New! Exclusive Interview With Jordan Murray: 2023

My exclusive interview with Nakhon Ratchasima striker, Jordan Murray.


Please can you start by telling us a bit about your background.
I’m from Wollongong, Australia. 1hr south of Sydney. I've played for Central Coast Mariners, Kerala Blasters, Jamshedpur and Nakhon Ratchasima.


How did your move to Thailand and Swatcat come about?
After my last season in India. I won the ISL (Indian Super League) with Jamshedpur. I was approached Nakhon Ratchasima to join the club for the 2022/23 season. I was very excited to experience the Thai league and Thailand as a country. 


What are your impressions of the club?
Nakhon Ratchasima is a fantastic club with a very large loyal fan base. The club as a whole is very close and definitely has a family vibe to it. The club constantly strive to be better, which is always a good thing as a player.

What do you enjoy most about playing in Thailand?
I really enjoy the league. It constantly tests you. You have quality Thai players and quality foreign players and that really makes you improve. I love the culture of the Thai people. They are very respectful and friendly. Thailand itself is a beautiful country with an amazing landscape and man made structures. And of course the Thai food. Rich with flavours and spices. 


And is there anything you don't like?
Bus journeys are always a killer but it’s still part of the game. Not everything can be good.


What are your feelings on how the team has performed this season?
It has really been a up and down season for us. But the second half of the season I have seen a lot more togetherness and heart in this team and club to constantly wanting to be better. Turning negatives into positives. Coach joe has implemented a strong mentality in all of us to preform better in every game. 


And your own performances?
As a player, I always strive to be better. Coming into a different country and culture was always going to be the first hurdle to overcome. My expectations of myself are always high. Whether it’s in training or games. I would say it's been quite challenging and I can always do better. But this second half of the season I have felt really good so I am looking to continue that momentum. Coach Joe has really given me confidence. Which I’m very thankful for.


What are your hopes for the club next season?
Number one is to keep this club where it belongs, which is Thai League 1. My full focus is to give 100% commitment to doing that for the club and fans. Then from there, it is to continue pushing this club towards the top of Thai League 1.


What have been your impressions of Chonburi this season?
Chonburi started off the season really red hot. They have quality all over. Their attacking football is very good and it’s something we want to stop this weekend. They have some really good players.


What are your expectations for Saturday's match?
It's going to be a very tough encounter. But it’s something we won’t back down from. We obviously have a lot to play for. It should be a high intensity match. 


Which T1 teams have impressed you most this season?
Many teams have been quality this season. Buriram are a very strong team and they have proven that. Muang Thong United have turned a switch this second half of this season. Port have been solid. And Bangkok United as well. 


And which players have stood out?
Many players have impressed me this season. Hamilton for Port has been ruthless in front of goal, as has Rosa from Prachuap. Charlie Clough has been key for us this season. Supachai and Theerathon have shown great quality.


What are your thoughts on the overall standard of the league this season?
I’ve been really impressed with the quality of players and the standard of the league. It’s very competitive and teams play fast football. The fans of the Thai league teams are very passionate and supportive, which makes us players want to be better and better. 


Apart from your own, which Thai grounds have you most enjoyed playing at?
I really enjoyed playing at BG Pathum Utd. Fantastic setup up and the pitch is brilliant. Port was great. Very close and tight, which made the atmosphere electric. Changrai Utd and Ratchaburi were also great. 


How do you enjoy living in Korat?
I really enjoy the city of Korat. You're not too far from everywhere, which helps. The people of Korat are great. There are plenty of things to see and do, which is always good. We are only three hours or so from Bangkok, which is good. There are lots of of things I enjoy here.


What is the funniest thing that has happened to you - or a team mate- during your time in Thailand?
Many funny things have happened this season. We have a lot of funny players and staff at the club. 
My personal experience was celebrating Songkran with players and staff in Korat. That was very funny.

With thanks to Jordan and Charlie



No comments:

Post a Comment