Saturday 29 April 2023

New! Interview With An Opposition Fan (Nakhon Ratchasima): 2023

Here is my pre match interview with Swat Cat fan, Hakao.


Please can you introduce yourself? 
                                                          
My name is Hakao. I am a Thai fan of Nakhon Ratchasima FC.


Overall, how satisfied are you with your team's performance this season? 
Unlike other Thai fans in the FB group (it's normal for Thai fans to want entertaining football), I think we were looking decent for the first 8 matches. I have no complaints about the defensive tactic that Kevin used. We were still scoring goals and gaining points. However, it went downhill around matchday10. I wanted to end the season there. We had no clue how to play the counter attack quickly (even where to move/pass or when to dribble/shoot/pass or how to keep the ball ). Our team play was horrible and defensive mistake cost us so many games. It was painful to watch, like the 2017 season; I was glad then that there were worse teams than us or we would have been relegated. 


What are your hopes for the future of the club? 
My hope for the club is to challenge for the FA Cup again and stay in this league. Also, I would like to see Worawi Makudi leave as chairman. 


Which is the best team you've seen this season? 
My answer is the same as previous years, Buriram Utd. I think the Thunder Castle are always everyone's favourites to win the league. Their transition play, combination play, team play and 1v1 play are always good.


And the worst? 
Lampang. Their squad and coach are still clearly T2 standard. How did they get promoted?!


What have been your impressions of Chonburi this season?
They were quite solid until mid season, but their defence isn’t looking good now; 25 goals conceded in 12 games, that’s over 2 goals per match. However, Chanin is now back from injury. For me, Ouattara is considered the flop of the season.


What are your expectations for Saturday's match?
I expect a draw. If we lose, it means we are in real danger of being relegated. It’s that simple.


Which of our players are you most wary of?
Yoo Byung-soo, for being the super sub. He’s the player who can change the result of a game.


Which of your players do we need to watch out for?
Saharat Kanyaroj for me. He’s similar to Frenkie de Jong, who drops deep and drives the ball forward. He's good in 1v1 situations and can transition from defence to attack, passing the ball to link up with Siroch, Tyronne, and Jordan in attack.


Would you like to make a score prediction?
1-1 (Danilo and Clough to score).


Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I would like to add that there's little interest in Thai football from local fans. Most of them are EPL fans. There are lots of Thai people on Twitter - mainly for politics, KPop and Japanese related things. But I also discovered a Thai football community - which also has a lot of foreigners in it. So, I wanted to start a Swat Cat account - in addition to my personal account - to promote my favourite team..


No comments:

Post a Comment