Monday 24 April 2023

New! Tim Spear On Adul Lahso: 2023

Chonburi fan, Tim Spear, with his views on Adul's appointment.


What are your thoughts on Adul's appointment?
I love Adul and I think his appointment is brilliant. I think he's one of our greatest players. He was a midfield driving force in his playing days and he's someone who is Chonburi through and through. He understands what Chonburi FC is about and he understands how we should play. 


What do you think he will bring to the role?
On the field he was very astute and very aware. He liked to move the ball forward and was into a short passing game, so I think his appointment is something that we need. We haven’t had a leader for quite a long time. Hopefully, someone with those ideas coming in as manager will benefit us. He's a calm person and I think that will help rid us of the problems we’ve had before. I think he'll help to heal the club and he won't come out with that nonsense about the foreigners being to blame. We don’t need that kind of scapegoating. In all honesty, we can't get much worse than we have been recently so it’s a good appointment.


What are your concerns about him having the job?
I don't really have any major concerns. He obviously lacks experience in management, but, to be honest, he is starting at Chonburi from a very low bar. The previous manager publicly humiliated a lot of our players and I don't think you can get any worse than that. So I don't have any concerns, just expectations.


What are your expectations for the remainder of the season?
I just want to see them play well and put some effort in. I want to see square pegs in square holes. I don't want to see players and formations messed around. I want to see them playing in positions where they are comfortable and most effective. And I don’t want to see the coach picking his favourites. There are a few players who are woeful, but played game in, game out, but when they're not playing, we tend to be very successful. Pick your best team. 


Do you think he will be given the job full time?
I don't know if he will be given the job full time but I'd like to see him given a chance, maybe with Therdsak alongside. For me, that that would be the dream team. Those two together.


If not Adul, who would you like to see in charge next season?
If it’s not going to be Adul, then anyone with a fresh approach, on the proviso that they are given the full backing of the board for the complete season. We've had managers in the past who I feel haven’t really had that.


Finally, what are your thoughts on Sasom's time in charge?
I will remember it for the behind the scenes nastiness, of which Sasom was a part. I think history will show that his divisiveness, and the singling out of what he called “the foreigners” for criticism, was a disgrace. For that alone he deserved to go. Regardless of anything else, I think that's the bottom line. The beginning part of this season, we were absolutely awesome and I was happy with that, but since since the new year, we have been woeful. Based on his decision making – line ups, substitutions, tactics etc -  and seeing the lack of response to them, I’d say something is clearly wrong. I’m glad he’s gone and, to be honest, I don't want him around Chonburi anymore. We've got to get this sort of divisiveness out of the club and the sooner we do that, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment