Saturday 27 August 2022

New! Chonburi v Buriram Utd - Pre Match Interview: 2022

Buriram Utd fan, Jamie Pinder sent me a few questions ahead of today's match. Here are my responses:

What’s your best memory on the pitch of a game between your boys and my boys?
Our maginificent 4-3 win at your place in 2012. It was a real thriller and - as they say - a great advert for the Thai league. Pipob's hat-trick (including one headed goal) was a particular highlight. There can't be many (any?) opposing players who've scored three against Buriram Utd at the Thunder Castle. And, as you'd expect, the atmosphere on the away terrace was fantastic, as was the party on the car park afterwards. We also beat you 4-2 in Chonburi that season. Which was also very sweet.



What’s the most fun you’ve had pre-match at the Buriram game as far as having a laugh is concerned?
Winding up Newin Chidchob's personal goons. Dressed "menacingly" all in black, they arrived at our pre match meeting place and needlessly proceeded to turf out the peaceful Buriram Utd fans that had gathered there and who we were chatting to quite happily. They then performed a ridiculous paramilitary type drill. Once this had finished, they were allowed some down time. During this short bout of r 'n' r one of them sat on my motorbike - no big deal. However, I went over to him and his mates and asked if I could sit on his boss's chopper, which was parked nearby. He was horrified by the request and gave me  stern "no!". "In that case," I said, "get your backside off my bike." Sheepishly he acquiesced. A small, but satisfying victory.



What’s the worst day you’ve had against Buriram?
That first trip to watch us play PEA. The security staff were rude, truculent and very unhelpful. This was in stark contrast to what we'd experienced on our travels prior to this - including having everything confiscated at the turnstiles. We lost too. Which only darkened the mood further. I couldn't wait to get away from the place.




What do you miss most about going to the stadium to watch your team?
My friends. And sometimes the football.




Do you ever see your team up their fighting for the league championship again?
Not for a very long time. We are always destined to finish seventh - is this some sort of curse that has been put on us?! However, we always take the domestic cups seriously so they remain our most realistic chance of silverware for the foreseeable future. I'm relatively happy with that.




Who is the Buriram Utd player who scares you the most?
Buriram Utd are undoubtedly the best team in Thailand just now. On their day they are unstoppable. I believe all the players pose a threat, such is the quality throughout the squad. To be honest, they all scare me. Especially when they pose like this (see below). But that's probably for a different reason!




Who will give us the most trouble from your team?
Danilo Alves could be a handful for your defence. Likewise Amadou, if he plays. Suksan Bunta - who scored against Police Tero last week, in a very impressive performance - is currently causing a buzz and there's always Kritsada, who is class.




And finally of course what do you expect the score to be this weekend?
As much as it pains me to say it - and it goes against my new optimistic approach - I can only see an away win today. I'm going to say 1-3, but I really, really hope I'm wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment