Monday 1 August 2022

New! Season Previews - 3. Bangkok Utd: 2022


Bangkok Utd fan, Svein Lorentzen weighs in with his season preview.

1. What are your expectations for your club in the season ahead? 
I really don`t have any. I don`t know if the new players will bring some excitement to the team. They haven`t done that to me yet, but I hope we will challenge for at least one trophy, but looking back at the disappointments from last few season, we might finish far off.

2. How have your pre season preparations gone? 
I don`t know. We normally play friendly games behind closed doors with no video, so not much to see except for maybe some photos after.

3. What are your thoughts on your team's opening four fixtures? 
Away to Nongbua might be the most difficult game in our first 6 games, so we might get a good start. 
 
4. What do you make of your new signings? 
As said earlier, none of them excite me yet. They have to prove themselves when the season starts.

5. And what about the players you've let go? 
We haven`t let go anyone I will miss.

6. Which players will have the most impact this season? 
I hope Heberty. 

7. If you could bring back one of your club's former coaches, who would it be? 
Mano! He is the best coach the club has had.

8. If you could give your current head coach one piece of advice, what would it be? And your owners? 
I`ll let the coach run the team his way, but I would tell the owners to find/build a new stadium as soon as possible.

9. Which home games are you most looking forward to? 
Buriram and Muangthong as they are the games with most fans every season.

10. And which away games are you most looking forward to? 
Since it`s a great stadium, and we have done OK there in the past, I will say Muangthong.

11. What do you think of your club's new kits? 
Only the 3rd kit has been presented. It looks OK in photos (see below), but they don`t make other than the home shirt in my size, so I don`t care much about away and 3rd.
 
12. Who are your favourites to win the league? 
Sadly I will say Buriram and BG. They spend a lot more money than anyone else.

13. Who else do you think can challenge? 
I can`t see any.

14. Who is going down? 
Lampang, Lamphun and Prachuap.

15. Which team would you most like to beat this season? 
Port, because I hate them, and Buriram, because I dislike them.

16. Who will be this season's surprise package? 
Port might finish 6th or 7th…

17. What changes would you make to improve the Thai league? 
Remove VAR!
Dates and KO-times should be known months in advance. The first games of the season are in only 11 days and we still don`t know the times!
Less changes to the season calendar. 

18. Which visiting fans are you most looking forward to seeing at your stadium? 
Buriram because they fill the large away end and they make noise.

19. What are your match day superstitions and routine? 
At Thammasat: Get there early (2+ hours before KO) and then sit and relax until the gates open. I always goes inside early to get my regular seat at True stand.
Away games: Get there early.

20. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I hope that this season there won`t be any restrictions, and that fans will attend games all over the country. Also hope to see more friends again. Last couple of seasons many fans have stayed away or been hiding behind facemasks. I also look forward to meet new people, home and away.



No comments:

Post a Comment