Wednesday 13 November 2019

Interview With Juan Quero: 2013

Here's my interview with former Chonburi midfielder, Juan Quero, from September, 2013.


Q - Please can you start by introducing yourself.
A - I'm Juan Quero. I come from Madrid in Spain.  I have a wife and son, who are both here with me in Thailand.

Q - Where did you start your football career?
A - I started my career in the Real Madrid Academy.

Q - Who has been the biggest influence on your career and why?
A - My mother because she has always encouraged and supported me playing football, ever since I was a small boy.

Q - Who has been the best coach you've worked with and why?
A - My best coach was Sergio Kresiv because he taught me how to believe in myself and improve.

Q - Who has been the best player you've played with and why?
A - The best player I have played with is Ruben Castro. He is now a star in the Spanish League with Real Betis.

Q - Who are your favourite footballers?
A - Messi and Robben because they are two of the best players in the world.

Q - How did you get the opportunity to come to Thailand?
A – My agent fixed up the move for me.

Q- How easy did you find it to settle into the Thai lifestyle?
A - At the beginning, it was complicated because it is a very different way of life and culture to what I was used to. But I am very happy to be here and I am enjoying this experience.

Q - What are your favourite things about living in Thailand?
A – The tourist places; the beautiful beaches and Bangkok.

Q - What is the set up like at Buriram Utd?
A – I think it is a good set up. They have everything in place for the team to win titles.

Q – What do you think about your time at Buriram Utd?
A - There was not much leisure time. And if I had free days, I was spending them at the camp.

Q - How did you get the opportunity to join Chonburi?
A - Again my agent was responsible for giving me the opportunity to come to a great club like this.

Q - What do you think about the set up at Chonburi?
A - I believe that it is a good set and there is a group of players who can become very successful in Thailand in the future.


Q - What are the major differences between Chonburi and Buriram Utd?
A – There are a few differences but they are also very similar. The two club always to try to get the win.

Q - How does the training at Chonburi compare with the training at your other clubs?
A – It is similar to most teams. They mainly train with the ball and that is good for us footballers.

Q - Are you eligible to play against Buriram Utd next Sunday?
A – No. I cannot play due to the agreement between both clubs in my contract.

Q - How do you feel about having to miss Sunday's match?
A – It is a pity that I will not to be able to play because I would like to the chance to compete against Buriram United and also to thank them. I will always be grateful for the treatment I received in Buriram.

Q - What sort of reception do you think you would have got from the fans?
A - I think that if I would have played, I would have had a great welcome from the fans of Buriram United.

Q - What sort on match can we expect on Sunday?
A - It will be an attractive and beautiful game but also highly competitive.

Q - What tactics do you think Chonburi will need to adopt on Sunday?
A - We will have to play an attacking game.

Q - Will you be staying at Chonburi next season?
A – My contract ends in November. However, I would like to stay because my family and I are comfortable here. I also have a great relationship with the fans.

Q - What do you think Chonburi need to do to become genuine title challengers?
A – The club needs to believe in itself. It has a great platform and a lot of potential.

Q - What are your impressions of the Chonburi fans?
A - From the day I arrived, they have treated me very well. The reception from the fans is very important to the self-esteem of a player and at Chonburi, their affection for me is 10 out of 10.

Q - What would you like to do when you finish playing football?
A - I would like to become an agent or help soccer players in some other way.

Q - If you weren't a footballer, what job would you do?
A - I would like to commentate or report on sporting events.

Q - Is there anything else you'd like to add?
A - I’d like to thank all at Chonburi because the treatment I have received here is wonderful. I also hope that I can help you to enjoy watching the team.

Q - Thank you.
A - You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment