Saturday 26 October 2019

Interview With Yuki Suzuki: 2013

My interview with Chiang Rai Utd Business Development Manager, Yuki Suzuki, from June, 2013.


Q - Please can you introduce yourself
A - My name is Yuki Suzuki. I am 28 years old and I am the Business Development Manager of Chiang Rai United.

Q - How long have you worked at Chiang Rai United?
A - I have worked at Chiang Rai United for 3 months so far.

Q - How did you get the job at Chiang Rai Utd?
A - I was searching for a new club to work for anywhere around the world. Then I applied to a couple of football clubs. Shortly after that, I had a chance to talk to our president Miti via Skype. After my conversation with him, he offered me a job, and here I am.

Q - What do you enjoy most about your job?
A - I enjoy everything about my job. But what I enjoy the most is to getting to know new things about Thai football. There is definitely a big difference in sports business in Thailand compared to other countries. There is always some surprise that I can learn a lot from in a good way. That is why I enjoy learning new things the most.

Q - What were the expectations before the two matches against Chonburi?
A - My expectations of the two matches were that they would be difficult games for us. We all knew that it wouldn’t be easy.

Q - How do you think Chiang Rai Utd performed in the two matches?
A - I honestly think that we weren’t bad, compared to other matches that we have had this season. But where we are always missing is in our finishing. I think it was the case this time as well.

Q - How do you think Chonburi performed in the two matches?
A - Chonburi performed better than us. That’s why you guys got the results. But I don’t think Chonburi performance at their best in the last two matches against us.

Q - How were the Chiang Rai staff and players feeling after the two defeats?
A - Of course, we were not feeling good after losing the games. However, we are all positive and ready for the next match.

Q - Which Chonburi players were you most wary of of before the games?
A - I was afraid of No.8 Therdsak Chaiman and No.10 Pipob On-Mo the most. They are the key players who can control the game.

Q - Which Chonburi players impressed you in the two games?
A - I’d say Therdsak was the most impressive player, technically and physically. He is 39 years old and he is still able to play in the top league. He is also one of the best players in Thailand. He is the one that I am impressed by the most in the TPL.

Q - He seemed to get a bit of stick from the home crowd in both games, why do you think this was?
A - I think it is because he scored in the first game. Then, the home fans booed him all the time.

Q - Overall, how do you rate Chonburi?
A - It is hard to say because they are not performing well at this moment. But Chonburi is in the list of A class clubs after the Big 2 teams. There is no argument, they are one of the top TPL teams.

Q - What, if anything, do you think Chonburi can win this season?
A - Any team in the top 4 or 5 has the possibility to win anything this season. Chonburi is definitely a team who can win something this season.

Q - As someone who works for another club, what do you admire about the way Chonburi FC is run?
A - I admire the way Chonburi FC organise and manage the club. The club is well-organised.
I can also say this about the youth academy as well. It is planned and thought about as a long term project. This is what I admire about the club and management team.

Q - Do you think there is anything we can do better as a club?
A - There are many things that every club can do better. Part of my job is to think about this for Chiang Rai United. Let’s look at European clubs or Asian clubs, it does not matter whether they are big or small clubs, there is always a way to make things better, in my opinion.

Q - Which has been the best team you have seen this season?
A - Buriram Utd is the best so far. They showed quality both individually and as a team.

Q - How do you think Chiang Rai Utd will do in the rest of the season?
A - I think we will do better over the rest of the season. We’ve only got 8 points so far. We surely can’t get worse than that! We will find solutions to make the club better. We will try to play the best and get to where we want to be.

Q - Who would you like to see as your new coach?
A - We want to change our situation so I would like to see a new coach who can bring in a change for this club. For me it doesn’t matter who he is, I just want to see a new coach who has a strong desire to change this situation.

Q - Anything else you'd like to add?
A - Thank you, Dale, for interviewing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment