Saturday 14 December 2019

Chonburi FC Home Shirt: 2013



FIVE THINGS WE DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE NEW SHIRT
1. The Badge
I don't think I'm ever going to accept the cartoon shark as our club badge. It looks cheap and nasty. And it bears no resemblance to any shark I've ever seen. Please let's return to our old traditional badge.

2. The Back
I'm not a fan of the all blue back. It should be striped, like the front. You know they've only designed it this way to entice you to put a name and number on it. Well, it won't work with me.

3. The Nike "Swoosh"
It should be white, not black. It doesn't look right.

4. It's A Bit Snug
OK, I've probably had a few too many Changs and I'm way past my fighting weight but the shirt appears to be a tight fit on most people. Great, if you're a finely tuned athlete, but if you're not...

5. The Cost
B1,090 is a bit steep. I understand that no-one is forcing anyone to buy it but all the same, it could be more affordable.


FIVE THINGS WE LIKE ABOUT THE NEW SHIRT
1. The Collar
It's lovely. It reminds me of the 1958 Brazil change shirt. Very classy. I wonder if Thiago will wear his turned up a la Cantona? I hope so.

2. The Stripes
A return to the striped design that we wore when we last won the league in 2007. They even mentioned this during the presentation yesterday. Let's hope it brings us the same result.

3. The Lack Of Adverts
OK, I expect this will change but it currently looks so beautiful in its virgin state. Please, please don't plaster it in logos.

4. It's Plain And Simple
I'm an old fashioned sort of bloke who hates all these fancy modern designs. This looks like a football shirt. No fuss, no frills. Just shirt.

5. It's Instantly Recognisable As A "Chonburi FC" Shirt
You could show a badgeless, sponsorless version of this to someone and they would know straight away that is was a Chonburi shirt. Surely a sign that the club has listened to the fans and got it right. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment