Monday 23 November 2020

Interview With Therdsak Chaiman: 2016

THERDSAK CHAIMAN INTERVIEW
by Weixiang Lim
1st January, 2016

Therdsak Chaiman was featured in the January, 2016 issue of the Singapore edition of Four Four Two. He talked eloquently on many subjects. Here's what he had to say about his appointment as Chonburi head coach.

 

Congratulations on being appointed as head coach of Chonburi. How do you feel about your new appointment?
For me, I am not overly excited, because I have been with Chonburi for six years already, so I am very familiar with the players and the system in Chonburi. 
 
I have to thank the chairman for giving me the job this season. I am grateful for the opportunity to move up the next rung of the coaching ladder after having been an assistant for the last three years under Witthaya Laohakul, Masahiro Wada and Jadet Meelap.
 
I am sure it will not be easy. Next year will be a big challenge. I want to do the best for my team and most importantly we must play good football.
 

What are your targets for the team?
Coming up immediately will be the AFC Champions League playoff on February 2 against a Myanmar team, Yangon Utd. That is an important tie because we want to go as far as we can in the tournament.
 
In the league, we hope to be in the top three. Last year we were fourth, so we want to move back into the top three. It’s not going to be easy because there are many good teams around like Buriram Utd, Muangthong Utd, Bangkok Glass and Suphanburi. So we really have to be organised and prepare well for our games.
 
I will be promoting five or six promising young players from the academy into the first team next season, so it will be very important to integrate them well into the team in pre-season.
 
I hope we can win a trophy. Any trophy next season will be good to reward our fans for their support.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment