Friday 27 November 2020

NEW!! Interview With Brienne Gabatuler: 2020

My interview with Brienne Gabatuler, who paid a couple of visits to Chonburi Stadium during her short stay in the area, back in 2015.


Please can you introduce yourself
My name is Brienne Gabatuler, I am 33 and from the U.S. but I have spend the past 7 years traveling and living abroad with my husband (bouncing back and forth between Thailand and Costa Rica)


How are you and what have you been doing lately? 
I'm good! I currently live in Santa Ana, Costa Rica. I am a Design teacher for grades 7-10 in an international school. And I am very busy every day with my two boys, Maximo who is 2 years old, and Leonhardt who is 8 months. 


What is your connection to Chonburi?
I lived in Chonburi for 4 months in 2014-2015. My husband and I taught English at Chonchai school. We were traveling for a year on our honeymoon and had previously taught English for a year in Thailand after college from 2009-2010. We wanted to see Thailand again, as it's like a second home for us, and we thought this would be a good break in the middle of our honeymoon around the world as it would give us the oppotunity to pause for a bit, have a home, and teach again!


What did you enjoy most about living and working in the area? 
I liked the proximity to Bangkok, the huge range of delicious foods near our apartment (I'll never forget the best fried chicken I've ever had from a stand just ourside of our complex!), we liked our beautiful pool in our apartment complex (Lumpini), and we enjoyed visits to Ko Si Chang


How did you discover Chonburi FC? 
One of our students at Chonchai was a big fan and wanted us to go to a game with him! So we went along with some of our other English teacher friends from Ireland and the USA.



What were your impressions of the stadium? 
It was great! I loved that there was a lot of grassy area outside the stadium where families were sitting, hanging out, eating. The stadium itself was not so big that it became overwhleming or confusing, but still very nice!


And the fans? 
The fans were great! I particularly remember the person who was in charge of pumping up the fans. He shouted cheers in English and Thai and got the crowd really excited. The flags, drums, music, all the props to get the crowd excited were so fun. 


How did you find the stadium management? 
All seemed good to me! It was easy to get in, it seemed safe, everything was well organized. 


What were the highlights from the matches you saw? 
Sadly, I don't remember as it was so long ago! There were definitely goals, and that was exciting. 


What did you enjoy most about your visit? 
The fans, the energy, seeing how happy and excited our students were at the game for their team!


Was there anything you didn't enjoy? 
Nope! I had a great time.



How did going to Chonburi Stadium compare with other matches you've been to? 
I had only been to a match in Chaiyaphum and it didn't compare to Chonburi at all (no one to pump fans up, very few fans). I have been to a big match in Barcelona, but overall for a small city, I thought it was really impressive! I also love the Chonburi "swag" and both my husband and I bought jerseys. 


Would you like to go back? 
I would if I were in Chonburi!


How likely is a return to Chonburi? 
I just spent another 2 years living in a suburb of Bangkok in Sammakorn Village near Min Buri (2017-2019). We passed through Chonburi sometimes to get to Koh Larn, but sadly we never stayed! If I lived a little closer I definitely would stop for a game. 


What would you say to others to encourage them to go to Chonburi Stadium? 
If you are in Chonburi, going to a game is a must do activitiy! It definitely made me feel really connected to the city I was living in, and some "pride" for Chonburi, even though I was only there for 4 months


Is there anything else you'd like to add? 
It was a great time and I'll never forget it!



No comments:

Post a Comment