Friday 12 June 2020

Interview With Niran Hansson: 2019

My interview with Chonburi defender, Niran Hansson, from February, 2019


Q – Please can you start by telling us a bit about your background?
I’m 23. I was born in Bangkok, Thailand, and moved to Stockholm in Sweden when I was 18 months old. I started playing football with a local team in the suburbs before the academy of IF Brommapojkarna scouted me. I went through the U15,U17,and U19 sides and signed my first professional contract in 2015.

Q – How did your move to Chonburi come about?
I was playing week in and week out for Tero when Rangsan was in charge of the team and my performances improved with every game. I think that’s when I first gained attention from the national team coach and other clubs. My contract was coming to an end so towards the end of the season I had a few offers to review. The reason I signed for Chonburi is that I have seen many young players get the chance to play and develop here. I hope I can do the same.

Q – What did you know about the club before you came here?
I knew it was a big club with a great history. In recent years they haven’t been challenging for the title, but I think they have had their focus on building the club from inside. I am sure the results of this work will show in the coming years. It’s a sleeping giant with many up and coming academy players that will deliver a great deal of success in the future and I hope to be a part of that journey.

Q – How have you settled in?
Really well. I’m enjoying the city and the slower pace compared to Bangkok. The ocean and beaches are really lovely and the people are great.

Q – How has pre season training been going?
Pre season has been tough, as they always are, but I feel we are getting there. The players look fit and I hope we can focus more on our tactics in the remaining build up towards the first game. For me personally, I’m still adapting to new teammates and the new coach, but I’m enjoying every minute of it.

Q – Which aspects of the game have you mainly been working on in training?
We have been building our physique and stamina, but have also been doing a lot with the ball; combining fitness with tactics.

Q – What do you enjoy most about training?
I enjoy the fact that every training session has a clear focus and that they all result in something that we will use in the games. This means that we will have covered all our tactics throughout all the sessions.

Q – How does the training at Chonburi compare to that at your previous clubs?
As I said before, the sessions all have a focus, which hasn’t always been the case at other clubs. They are short and concise, but you always feel like you have put in more work and have achieved more than at the three hour sessions that you get at other clubs.

Q – Which of your new team mates have impressed you so far?
I have been really impressed by Worachit. Having played against him, I knew he had qualities on the ball, but seeing him close up and playing with him, I can appreciate that he is so much more than one of those technical magicians. His contribution and positioning in defence plus the amount of work he puts in, really surprised me. He will be key in our build up, as his linking play and intelligence will be vital.

Q – Other than Worachit, where do you think the team’s main strengths lie?
I would say the main strengths lie in the individual quality we have. We will always be a threat at the final third with players like Lukian, Kroekrit and the aforementioned Worrachit. I think we are going to create a lot of chances and we will control the pace in many of the games we play. I think we need to keep the balance with our build up from the back through midfield so it doesn’t become risky and leave us exposed.

Q – What would you say are your main strengths?
I am a central defender and my main strengths are my pace, organisation and defensive qualities. I like to help my teammates positioning and defending dangerous areas by leading on the field and shouting directions.

Q – And which aspects of your game would you like to improve?
I want to improve my offensive skills, being better in build up play and when I’m in possession of the ball.

Q – What are your personal ambitions for the season ahead?
I just hope to play as much as possible and contribute to the team.

Q – Would you like to send a message to the Chonburi fans?
I just hope I will see as many of you as possible at our games, cheering us on and helping us to win the three points. Every single one of you is important for us and we will show it at any given chance.

Q – Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I enjoy your initiative with the website and on social media. I think it’s a great way of creating a community for fans.  Keep up the good work and I will see you soon. All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment