Sunday 14 June 2020

On The Road - Super Power Samut Prakarn: 2017

On The Road - Super Power Samut Prakarn
1st July, 2017


Stadium
Samut Prakarn SAT Stadium

Transport
Car from SriRacha

Cost
B250 - petrol

Travelling Time (total journey)
2 hours 40 minutes total
A short hop up the road. A completely hassle free journey.

Total Distance Travelled
180kms

Match Ticket
B180

Programme
Nope!

Club Shop
Possibly the tiniest club shop I've ever seen. In fact I wasn't sure that it was the shop when I entered, as there were no big signs outside, and I was expecting to be chased away. It also doubles as the ticket office. The only things they appeared to have in stock were this season's home and away shirts and scarves. However, the two girls who served me were very friendly and helpful. They even attempted to speak English.

Away End
A large uncovered metal stand behind the goal. There were no seats but plenty of leg room. We were quite a long way from the pitch, so we had the usual problem of seeing what was happening anywhere beyond the halfway line. Thankfully it didn't rain, because these type of structures are a nightmare when wet!

Staff
Very friendly and helpful. I don't think that any of them were aged over 25.

Food
As the ground is situated on what must be one of the busiest roads in the country outside of the capital, there was plenty of choice. You could take it inside with you too.

Beer
Yes. Beer was in plentiful supply around the ground. They also sold it inside the stadium - a big bottle of Chang (poured into a plastic cup) was B80.

Highlight of the Day
It was the first day of my long "summer" holiday, so everything about it was a highlight! However, on the pitch, it had to be Thiago's performance. We didn't really see any of his histrionics, but he certainly inspired his team mates and the fans. Welcome back!

Overall Experience
This was my third visit to this stadium and I've enjoyed every one. It's not the greatest ground in the world, but I love it's lively location and it does have a certain old school charm. Parking can be a bit of a nightmare, but thankfully - due to my previous experiences - I knew exactly where to go. We were left with a long walk (by my wife's standards!), but it wasn't that much of a pain. I'll miss going there next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment