Monday 1 June 2020

Interview With A Bangkok Glass Fan: 2012

My interview with Bangkok Glass fan, Ampika, from October, 2012


Please can you introduce yourself.
Hello my name is Ampika or you can called me 'O'. I'm 26. I live in Bangkok and currently work as an Assistant Marketing Manager at Image Tree food supplement company. You can follow me at @BGFCReport (BG news only) or @theazzy (personal Twitter).

How long have you been supporting Bangkok Glass?
Around 2 years. I watched them on TV at the beginning of 2011 and I was impressed. But I started attending the games in August 2011.

What has been your best experience watching Bangkok Glass?
It was the first game I went to against Muang Thong Utd at the Yamaha Stadium. Despite the result (we lost 6-2!!) The BG fans were fantastic. They supported their players and coach until the end. No one went left before the end of 90 minutes. The players showed great sportsmanship too. I made up my mind to go to see Bangkok Glass play as much as I can since then; even though my home is about 50km away from the Leo Stadium.

What do you think of your current coach?
Phil Stubbins had a lot of pressure when accepting this job because Bangkok Glass are underachieving this season. But I think he will overcome it. It will take sometime for him to take Bangkok Glass back to where we want to be.

What changes has he made to the team and their tactics?
He has tried some new tactics. For example, in the last game against Buriram Utd in the Toyota League Cup, he put Saran Promkaew, normally a full back, to play as a wing forward. Although he didn't score, I saw some positive things. By the way, he often make substitutions early in the game if we aren't playing well and I quite like it.

Were you sorry to see your previous coach, Surachai Jaturapattarapong, leave?
I have respected Surachai so much since he was a footballer so I felt a little bit sad. However, I have to respect the Bangkok Glass board's decision.

What do you think has gone wrong at Bangkok Glass this season?
Our problem is our performances in away games. Only one away win is unacceptable.

What would you do to improve the Bangkok Glass team?
I would love to see some A class players come in next season.

How do you feel about the team’s performances this season?
I'm not happy with the position in the league table. With a lot of money invested, and a large support, we should do better. But we still have the FA Cup to fight for.

What are your hopes for next season?
I would love to see Bangkok Glass back in the top five again.


Who is your favourite player at Bangkok Glass?
Hironori Saruta. He is the main reason I chose to support Bangkok Glass. Although he is not so tall, he has pace and great skill. He also has high determination, he gives 100%  in every game. I also like Flavien Michelini, Valery Hiek and Leesaw.

If Bangkok Glass could sign any player from the TPL, who would you like it to be?
It's very difficult to make a decision because I have many good players in my mind. Kushida and Thiago from Chonburi FC, Cleiton Silva from BEC Tero, Teerasil and Kawin from Muang Thong, Surachat from Police Utd. But if I have to choose just one I'll go for Kawin, Muang Thong Utd's goalkeeper. He is young and talented. The best goalkeeper in Thailand in my opinion. Bangkok Glass has problem in the defensive area and he could help us a lot.

Which has been the best team you have seen this season?
Muang Thong Utd. They still haven't lost to any team in the TPL this season.

Who has been the best player you have seen this season?
Teerasil Dangda (Muang Thong Utd). He is the best forward in Thailand now.

What do you think about Chonburi FC?
I've been to Chonburi Stadium once and the atmosphere was fantastic. It's one of the nicest stadiums I've ever visited. I also respect the coach, Wittaya. He does a great job there and I like the way he uses psychology to motivate players.

Do you think Chonburi can win the AFC Cup?
Chonburi is doing well in the AFC Cup, especially the match against Al-Shorta SC which ended 4-2 after extra time. That was a superb performance. It will be a really tough match against Arbil because the Iraqi's still lead by three goals from the first leg. Anyway, in a football match anything can happen. I hope they will secure a big win in the home game and reach the final.

Who is your favourite Chonburi player and why?
Kazuto Kushida. He's the key player in Chonburi's midfield. He does well in both offensive and defensive positions.

What do you think the score will be on Saturday?
1-1

Anything else you’d like to add?
I hope become the AFC Cup champions! The Bangkok Glass fans will be supporting you.

Thank you, O.
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment