Sunday 14 June 2020

Interview With Zulfahmi Arifin: 2017

My interview with Chonburi midfielder, Zulfahmi Arifin, from 20th December, 2017
 

Q - When did you first know Chonburi were interested in you?
My agent called and told me that they’d watched my video and invited me for training so I gave it a shot.
 
Q - How have you enjoyed your time on trial at the club?
I really enjoyed my time on trial with the club. The training was quality and intense and I loved it.
 
Q - What have been your impressions of the set up at Chonburi?
Chonburi has a very good youth set up which I respect a lot. A few young players have broken into the first team squad for the 2018 season and I’m really impressed after seeing them play.
 
Q - What persuaded you to sign for Chonburi?
I was persuaded to sign for Chonburi because it is a big club with history. I can also say that this is the best contract I have had
 
Q - What did you know about Chonburi before you arrived at the club?
Seven years ago Chonburi sent a team to play in an invitation tournament at Padang in Singapore. Since then I have known that Chonburi is a very good club.
 
Q - What do you know about the Thai league?
The Thai league is the best league in Asean. It has fast and technical Football with good passing.
 
Q - What do you hope to achieve with Chonburi?
I want to train hard and give my best to Chonburi. I want to contribute as much as I can and have a good season.
 
Q - What do you consider your strengths to be?
My passing, and I like to think that I am good at keeping possession of the ball.
 
Q - What have been your biggest achievements in the game?
My biggest achievement was when I played for the Singapore national team in Saitama and we drew 0-0 with Japan.
 
Q - Do you think the language barrier will be a problem for you in Thailand?
I don’t think so because I have some friends who have been teaching me few easy words in the Thai language. I’ve also  thought about going for Thai language lessons.
 
Q - All our Thai players have nicknames. Do you have a nickname we could call you?
Haha. It would be nice if the people from Thailand gave me a nickname rather than I tell them mine.
 
Q - Do you have a message for the Chonburi fans?
Please support me as much as you can, because I’m coming here to help the team, and learn at the same time. I also promise to give my very best.
 
Q - Is there anything else you'd like to add?
I would like to thank the president, the secretary, the interim coach, the management, players and fans for welcoming me with open arms. Also, a special mention to the director of the club for accepting me to be a part of this team. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment