Sunday 12 July 2020

Bangkok Utd 1-1 Chonburi - Match Report: 2015

TPL
Bangkok Utd 1-1 Chonburi
Thai-Japanese Stadium
Attendance: 3,756
Sunday 12th July, 2015



Match Report
Rather than dwell on yet another poor performance - against an average but well organised Bangkok Utd - I thought I'd be positive and select a few highlights from the day. Here goes...

The Journey
The drive up to Bangkok was relatively straightforward. The roads were fairly quiet and we made good time. The Thai-Japanese Stadium is easy to get to from SriRacha so we encountered no problems.

Parking
We were able to park in a little side street directly opposite the ground - which was very convenient. We did have to pay some local scallies to "mind" the car but they were far less intimidating than the ones you used to encounter around Maine Road.

The Turnout
Crowd numbers were an issue this weekend but by my reckoning, based on the official seating plan, I'd say we had about 1100 - 1200 there. Not a bad turnout for a Sunday night.

Korrakot's Goal
I was still outside when we scored - finishing off my beer - but I did see the goal through the fence. A cracker from 35 yards and the perfect start. Sadly it was to be all downhill from here. Maybe I should have stayed outside...

The Final Whistle
Thank you to the referee for putting us all out of misery.

The Toilets
The portable toilets outside the away end at the Thai-Japanese Stadium are a thing of great beauty. They are clean, well maintained, aesthetically pleasing and - so I'm reliably informed - smell nice. They also have the greatest signs on the door (see photos).

Meeting Up With Friends
A few drinks and a chat with some mates before the match and then catching up with a couple of lads I'd not seen for ages afterwards was particularly enjoyable. Funnily enough we all have the same views about the team, the coaches and the way the club is heading. So it's not just me then...

Burger King
It is the law that we stop off at Burger King on the way back from an away trip. I had the Angus XT, Tim a Double Cheeseburger and the GLW ordered a Veggie Burger, which she then decided she didn't want. However, this was good news for me, as I had it for lunch on Monday. See, it's not all doom and gloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment