Wednesday 1 July 2020

Chonburi v SriRacha - Match Preview: 2009

Match Preview: Chonburi v SriRacha - TPL 22/8/09

 
I must admit that I was faced with a dilemma ahead of Saturday's derby match. Should I go to Srindhorn or should I go to Bangkok to watch some of my childhood heroes, The Harlem Globetrotters, in action? A tough decision. Their annual trip to London was always a huge occasion when I was growing up and here was an opportunity to relive some of those halcyon days. However, with Meadowlark Lemon long gone I decided to choose the artistry of Arthit and Adul ahead of Showtime Gaffney and Slick Willie Shaw.

As for the game itself. It promises to be a tight affair, similar to the meeting earlier in the season. SriRacha have struggled at this level but have shown that they can raise their game for the big occasion. The recent 2-0 victory over BKK Glass was well deserved and they also held Muang Thong United to a goalless draw at the Thunderdome in April. Unfortunately they haven't been able to find any sort of consistency and they'll need to string together a decent set of results if they are to avoid the drop. 

The return of last years leading scorer, Gasto, has helped them to improve after a poor start. In addition, the recent acquisition of Douglas from Chonburi has given them some much needed toughness at the back and another option from set pieces.

However, I fully expect The Sharks to be too good for them and we should get our season back on track after a couple of disappointing results. Like a lot of Chonburi fans I enjoy going to watch SriRacha when we haven't got a game. I'd love them to stay up and hope that they can go on a long unbeaten run...after tomorrow!

SriRacha
League Record 
P20 W4 D5 L11 F14 A22 Pts17 
Pos 15th

Last Three Results
BKK Glass H W2-0
Navy Rayong H L0-1
TTM A D0-0

No comments:

Post a Comment