Tuesday 7 July 2020

Interview With Leandro Assumpcao: 2016

My interview with Chonburi striker, Leandro Assumpcao, from September, 2016



Q - What have you been doing during the short break?
A – I’ve been using the time preparing to finish the season well.

Q - How easy is it for players to deal with these breaks?
A – Some players like these breaks, but I don’t.

Q – Prior to the break, you were on a great goal scoring run, what do you attribute that to?
A – I pray that God is with me on the field and this helps me focus.

Q - Will you be able to continue your good form after the break?
A – Sure! With the help of God and my team mates from Chonburi. It is a great feeling to be helping Chonburi and will do so until my last game.

Q - What is the current mood like at Chonburi FC?
A – Very good. I like being at Chonburi.

Q - Who are your best friends at the club?
A – Everyone! Everyone is very special to me. We are like a big family.

Q - How do you prepare for a match?
A – I wake up early and pray. I then have a big breakfast and play with my daughter. I will then have lunch and prepare a snack before leaving for the stadium. When I get to the ground, I switch off from the rest of the world. I listen to music and concentrate only on the game.

Q - Do you have any pre match superstitions?
A – I ask God for his help.

Q - What do you think Chonburi can achieve in the rest of the season?
A – We can win the FA Cup and earn a top three finish in the league. We will keep fighting until the end.

Q - What are your own personal targets for the rest of the season?
A – To score in every game.

Q - What sort of reception are you expecting from the fans when you return to Chiang Rai Utd?
A – I am expecting that they will respect me.

Q - Who has been your toughest opponent this season?
A – Every game is tough. There are no easy games and no easy opposing players.

Q - Who is the best Chonburi player you've played with and why?
A – I can’t pick one. I believe everyone who goes on the field for Chonburi gives their best.

Q - Which of our young players is the best prospect and why?
A – Again I can’t choose just one. We are lucky to have so many good players coming through the youth academy.

Q - Which do you think has been the best goal you've scored this season and why?
A – My second goal against Ratchaburi. It was something we worked on in training.

Q - Which has been your favourite match this season and why?
A - The 3-1 win against BEC Tero. It was especially memorable and difficult because of all the rain!

Q - How has Therdsak enjoyed his first season as coach?
A – He was one of the best players in Thailand and that has helped him as a coach. He is knowledgeable and has a very clear vision of how he wants to play.

Q - What have you learned from him?
A – He has taught me to be patient and has given me a lot of confidence.

Q - What do you think Thailand's chances are in the World Cup qualifiers?
A – It will not be easy, but it is always 11v11. Everyone is rooting for them.

Q - Would you like to send a message to the Chonburi fans?
A – I would like thank them for always being on our side. I have a great affection for them and they will always be in memory.

Q – And finally, one thing all Chonburi fans want to know…Will you still be at the club next season?
A – I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment