Tuesday 28 July 2020

Interview With Noah Chivuta: 2016

My interview with Nakhon Ratchasima player, Noah Chivuta, from 20th April, 2016


Q - Hello, Noah. How are you?
I am blessed thanks and how are you?

Q - All good, thanks. Are you ready to answer a few questions?
Yes. Go ahead.

Q - What did you do over the Songkran break?
I just went to a quite resort to rest and recharge. And stay away from getting wet!

Q - Do players enjoy these breaks or would they prefer to keep playing?
A short break is OK, but this long one is not good, because you have to start again like it’s preseason. Even the EPL plays on Boxing Day because they know long breaks are not good. I think we should learn from that.

Q - 32,600 at Buriram Utd v Chonburi on Friday. Do you think there is a case for introducing Songkran fixtures?
I think there should be games during this period. It can be part of the celebrations and you can have more people watching. They are on holiday and this would be a good time to see their local team playing.

Q - And talking of attendances, you get good crowds at Nakhon Ratchasima, what affect does this have on the players?
It helps us, not hinder us. It's a player’s dream to play in front of a full stadium and do your best for the fans. And I believe it will be full on Sunday.

Q - How have Nakhon Ratchasima started the season?
We haven't started as well as we expected, but we will improve. So far we have lost games through our mistakes, and not been outplayed by teams who are much better than us.

Q - What were the expectations for Nakhon Ratchasima at the start of the season?
My expectations were to improve on our performance last season.

Q - So, from here on in, what would you consider to be a good season for Nakhon Ratchasima?
Still the same. It will be a good season if we can improve from on last season’s position.

Q - How happy have you been with your own form?
I am very happy with my form, but as a player I am never fully satisfied. So I work hard to improve more and become a better player every game I play.

Q - Which PLT teams have impressed you so far?
Ratchaburi. I can  only really judge the teams we have played against. Ratchaburi played well and they didn't allow us to play our own game

Q - What are your thoughts on Chonburi's form this season?
They are a good team, but they haven't started as well as you would expect from a very big club like them.

Q - Which Chonburi players are you most wary of and why?
They are all good players in that team. And we respect them all. We plan to play them as a team, and not concentrate on individuals.

Q - What are your expectations for Sunday's match?
It will be a good, tough game. Both teams are coming into the match from losses, so we both need the points. It will be a good game for the fans to enjoy.

Q - Which of your players do we most need to be wary of and why?
Ha, ha ha! Not me of course! We play collectively as a team collectively and, on a good day, we can surprise anyone. That's what makes us dangerous.

Q - You're 32 now, so what are your ambitions for the rest of your career?
My ambition is to help the team make history, by playing in AFC one day, by winning the cup or the league.. And I want people to remember me in this town, when I leave. Like I said, I am blessed, so all the teams I play for make history. Already this one has been champions of Division 1.

Q - And after you finish playing?
I have been playing football for half of my life, and even if I stop I want to be part of it. I want to stay in football as long as I can. I’d like to help young players and maybe help a team.

Q - I know you do a lot of work in the local community. What exactly do you do and why do you think this is important?
Yes I do, but I don't like to get credit for it. I like to help under privileged people. I go to hospitals and shelters just to visit and help where I can. It's very important because you can change someone's life by visiting them, and they are part of our community. Using my status as a footballer helps a lot.

Q - If you could give one piece of advice - from a player's perspective - to the Thai football administrators, what would it be?
They should visit various FAs in Europe and learn more from them. How football should be run and how to improve on what they do. It's sad to see how they handle football matters in Thailand. Football is growing fast, so they have to learn fast too. If they don't, they will hinder the growth of football here.

Q - Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Like I said, football is growing fast here. We need clubs and the FA to educate players more, especially on how to live a professional life. Choosing the right food to eat etc. That is lacking, but you can't blame the players because they just don't know about these things. You can find players before match eating papaya salad. That can't help you in the game, they should be taught that.

Q - Thank you for you time, Noah.
You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment