Sunday 19 January 2020

Interview With Prince Amponsah: 2017

My interview with Prince Amponsah from September, 2017.


Q- Overall, it has been a disappointing season for Chonburi, what do you think are the reasons for this?
I think our disappointing season is due to the fact we have a collectively young team. Most of us have come up from the youth system. Given time, things will be better next season.                                                                                                 
Q- Recent results have shown an improvement. Why do you think this is?
We’ve played together as team for some time now, and that is what is giving us better results.                                                     
Q- So, all things considered, what is the current mood like at the club?
The mood in the camp now is great, and we all want the best for the club.                                                                                     
Q- You personally had a slow start to the season, but your form lately has been excellent. Why do you think this is?
My excellent form now is courtesy of God, and also the extra playing time given to me by the coach.

Q- How do the breaks in the season affect the team and you as a player?
The break in season really affects us and me as a player, as it upsets our rhythm, but there’s nothing we can do about it. It’s part of the game.                             

Q- What do you do to keep fit during these breaks?
I always go for fitness training at the gym, then back to Chonburi for our usual training sessions.                                     
Q- Our head coach, Therdsak Chaiman was a great player. What have you learnt from him during your time at Chonburi?
I have really learnt a lot from Therdsak, both as player and a coach. He was the one who brought me into the team, so his encouragement and pep talks are what keep me going                                                                                                 
Q- What do enjoy most about being at Chonburi FC?
I enjoy the unity and oneness among the players, technical staff and management. It is a nice family

Q- Which do you think, has been our best performance this season?
I think our best performance was against Buriram United on the opening weekend. Everyone wrote us off before the game, but we rose to the occasion and got a good result.                                                                                                               
Q- Which do you think has been your best personal performance this season?
I think when we played against Port FC last week. I had to run for the whole ninety minutes so we could take the three points back home.       

Q- Which of your goals has been your own personal favourite this season?
The goal against Port FC at home, in the first leg of the season. I came on in the last few minutes of the game and scored the winning goal. It was a great moment.                                                                                                                                           
Q- You have some very imaginative and entertaining goal celebrations. Please can you explain what inspired them and what they mean?
As you say, my celebrations are imaginative, and were inspired by the fans. Once, a fan told me, he only comes to the stadium to see me score and celebrate. The dance is just because I feel happy in that moment.       

                                                      
Q- Which other T1 teams have impressed you this season?
Ubon Utd have really impressed me this season. They play a very compact style of football and are very well organised. 
                         
Q- Which player has been your toughest opponent this season?
All the players I have played against have been very tough. I can’t single out one player.

Q- Other than Chonburi Stadium, which Thai league grounds have you enjoyed playing at?
All the Thai stadiums are good and I love playing anywhere!         

Q- What are your ambitions for Chonburi for the rest of the season?
It’s my prayer that we win the Thai League Cup and do better in the rest of the remaining league games.     

Q- What are your personal ambitions for the rest of the season?
I pray that God gives me the strength to finish the league on a good note, with some goals.                                                           
Q- And your personal long term ambitions?
It’s my dream to play in the top leagues in Europe and that what I pray for and looking forward to an opportunity. 
 
Q- So, the big question: Will you still be here next season?
I am still a Chonburi FC player and I respect that.

Q- On to Sunday’s match. What are the expectations for the game?
The expectations at the club are very high. We need to win to keep ourselves in the cup and keep our season alive.

Q- Which Buriram Utd players are you most wary of?
I am not wary of any individual player, but I respect them as a team. They are really good moving forwards.                     

Q- Would you like to make a score prediction?
Not a score prediction, but Chonburi FC will win!                                                                                                                             
Q- Would you like to take this opportunity to send a message to the Chonburi fans?
I would like to thank the fans for their support and encouragement, and urge them to keep supporting the club during difficult times like these. Hopefully, things will get better next season.                                                                                                     
Q- And to finish, some old school type football interview questions: Please can tell us your favourite: bands, songs, films, football teams, footballers, food and country to visit.
Band - The Jackson Five .
Songs - Country Music and Gospel Music.
Films - Action Movies .
Football teams - Chonburi FC, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Juventus.
Footballers - Luca Toni, Leo Messi, Neyma,,Sergio Aguero, Lukaku, Asamoah and Gyan .
Food - Rice Cabbage Stew.
Country to visit - England   .

No comments:

Post a Comment