Wednesday 12 February 2020

Nike To See You, To See You, Nike: 2012

After a long association with FBT, Chonburi switched to Nike for their playing kits, at the start of the 2012 season. Here's what a selection of fans thought about the first effort supplied by the American sportswear giants, following the official launch on February 11th.


POLL: What do you think of the new home kit?
I like it 47%
It's OK 24%
I love it! 18%
I don't like it 12%
I hate it 0%

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Here are a few comments I've about the new home kit.

"It's very nice."
Jon Parkin

"I like the shirt. Nice design. However, the shorts kind of clash as they are not striped as well. Just my two cents!"
Tommie

"To put it simply. It is not Chonburi. I miss the Club colours on the home and away kits. And where is the star? What about the specially designed anniversary Logo? Where is it?"
Sven

"It looks alright, although the blueness combined with the Chang beer logo says 'Everton' to me!" Andy Parkin

"I like the black away strip better than the light blue one. However, I think the collar is cool."
Titus S

"If it wasn't for the badge, you wouldn't know it was Chonburi. It's the wrong colour."
Kn Nui

"I've never been a big fan of two tone stripes. I would prefer white stripes. But it's better than last years effort."
Antony Sutton

"I think I prefer my current shirt with the lighter blue stripes but I won't lose my head over it. When are they going to get some sponsors that make decent beer? Good luck for the new season."
Clive R

"Much better quality of material than previously, though I would have preferred the light blue instead of the black. The away strip looks horrible in the photos, but it may look better in the flesh."
Tim S

"I am afraid I am against changing strips every season whoever the team is although I think that both the "home & away" kits are very professional and what you would expect from Nike (at least the stripes are back to vertical again.) I believe that as the club were changing to Nike and a new long term support contract that there should have been more discounts available to the fans e.g if you bought both strips there should have been say 50% off the away/ second strip or at least a free club leisure/sports shirt. I know the club is a money making concern but with a company as large as Nike now in tow, the club could have negotiated some excellent initial discounts to satisfy the core fans who I feel are being let down."
Bangsaen Tim

"I've been thinking about this beautifully crafted piece of soccer fabric for the best part of two days and I really have nothing to say about it!"
David P

No comments:

Post a Comment