Friday 20 March 2020

Interview With Two Samut Songkhram Fans: 2009

My interview with Chaiwat and Gop, two Samut Songkhram fans, from September, 2009.



What is your name and where do you come from? 
C - My name is Chaiwat and I'm from Maeklong.
G - My name's Gop. I'm from Samut Songkhram.

How long have you been supporting Samut Songkhram?
C - For about 3 years.
G - Since the club was launched.

What sort of crowds have you been getting this season? 
C - 1500.
G - About 1500 but I think that within 2 years this club will get crowds of 30,000.

What sort of image does the club have in your town?
C - They are seen as a team with spirit.
G - The fans are known for their ambition.

How do your owners promote and advertise your club?
C - They talk to the fans. I promote the club by wearing my shirt in the town.
G - I have seen the motorcycles parade around around the town and there are regular meetings in a local restaurant.

You won promotion to the TPL two years ago. How far do you think the club can go?
C - I hope that we can become one of the Big 5.
G - Right to the top.

How ambitious are your owners? Have they made any promises as to what they hope the club can achieve?
C - They haven't made any promises this time.
G - I haven't heard them make any promises.

Which has been your most memorable match supporting Samut Songkhram?
C - Soonlakakorn v Samut Songkhram in the 2008 season. We won 3-2 and scored the winner in injury time.
G - That was my most memorable too.

Who would you say is your best player?
C - Our captain, Songwut Bauphet.

Is there anyone else we should keep an eye out for?
C - Michael Tchuemaleu. This is his first season for but he has played very well. He's only small but very strong and has good balance.

We beat you 1-0 earlier this season, in a downpour. What do you think the score will be on Sunday?
C- It will be a draw. 1-1.
G - It will be 1-0 again.

Which other TPL player(s) do you wish you had at your club?
C - Akekapoom Photharungroj from Nakhornphathom.
G - Your coach, Zico. I think that he would still be a good player.

Which is the best team (apart from Samut Songkhram) that you have seen this season? 
C - Chonburi FC.
G - Muang Thong United.

Who do you think will win the TPL?
C - Chonburi FC.
G - Muang Thong United.

Where do you think you will finish in the league this year?
C - 7th
G - 4th

Which is your favourite other team (if you have one)? Thai or overseas.
C - Liverpool FC
G - Bangkok Glass.

Do you support the Thailand national team?
C - Yes, for sure.
G - Yes but I don't support someone on the staff.

Who do you think is the best Thai player at the moment? 
C - Narongchai Washiraban.
G - Teerasil Dangda.

Who do you think should be the new Thailand head coach?
C - Bryan Robson.
G - Peter Withe, again.

Anything else you'd like to add?
C - Platoo - My team. My spirit.

Thank you, Chaiwat and Gop. 
C & G - You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment