Friday 14 August 2020

Interview With Alistair MacDonald Fraser: 2011

CHONBURI FAN INTERVIEW
12th August, 2011
Alastair MacDonald Fraser is a Bangkok based Chonburi fan. I managed to grab a few words with him recently. Here is the result of our quick Q&A session.


Please could you tell us a bit about yourself.
- Alastair MacDonald Fraser, 27 years old, born in Weston-Super-Mare, England.

How long have you been in Thailand?
- Almost nine months

How long have you been following Chonburi FC?
- Since I got here

What first got you interested in the club?
- As pathetic as it sounds; I liked their kit.

Which was the first match you went to? 
- I went to the FA Cup final a few weeks after I arrived in Bangkok. To my shame I actually went as a Muang Thong fan (I have friends out here who follow them & suggested I do the same) but somehow didn't feel quite right sporting the Red and Black and I said 'Nah sorry boys, I'm a Chonburi man'....I've not looked back since.

This will be your first visit to the Chonburi Stadium, what are your expectations?
- I expect a great atmosphere and hopefully a decent performance from The Sharks!

Apart from the match itself, what are you most looking forward to on your visit?
- It'll be good to finally see the home of Chonburi FC and the surrounding area. At all the away games I have seen it has felt like Chonburi were the home team due to our supporters so I will look forward to seeing that amplified on a large scale by a sell out home crowd.

Who is you favourite player? 
- Arthit Sunthorpit

What do you think our chances are on Saturday?
- I think it's going to be tough for us to be honest; we seem to be eeking out results recently (which is no bad thing) but when you look at PEA's record so far this season they're going to take some beating.

If we don’t win, can we still overhaul PEA at the top?
- Realistically no, I think this is a must win game. Especially considering we now have Muang Tong snapping at our heels ready to capitilize on any dropped points.

Which other TPL teams have impressed you? 
- I though Bangkok Glass played some great counter attacking football and was very suprised to see they thumped 6-2 by Muang Thong the other night!

How does the TPL compare with the football you’re used to watching?
- Obviously the quality isn't as good but that is more than compensated for by the great atmosphere you get at games. In fairness, most of the games I've attended over recent years have been International games involving the Scottish national side, which clearly demonstrates I'm more interested in great support as opposed to quality football!

What would you say to someone who’s never been to a Chonburi match to encourage them to come along? 
- For me you needn't be a massive football fan to go along and have a great time. A bit of singing and shouting with a cold beer in hand is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening and all for around 100 baht for a ticket....you can't go wrong really!

No comments:

Post a Comment