Friday 7 August 2020

Interview With A Suphanburi Fan: 2014

My interview with Suphanburi fan, Patrick Brixner, ahead of the FA Cup semi final in October, 2014.


Please can you introduce yourself
My name is Patrick Brixner, a 27 years old student from Brazil.  I have been living in the kingdom for 4 years already. Back in my home country, I am a huge supporter of EC Juventude, a third division club that has uncovered important players in the past, such as Tiago Silva, Dante and Suphanburi’s central defender; Márcio Rosário.

How long have you been supporting Suphanburi?
I have been supporting Suphanburi since last season.

What first got you interested in supporting Suphanburi?
I came to know about the club through my African friends here in Bangkok. Most of them support Suphanburi as well, so for me it was quite easy to choose a club to cheer for here in Thailand. Perhaps the club was really doing well last season, getting noticed everywhere due their solid campaign in TPL.

What is the best thing about being a Suphanburi fan?
The best thing about being a Suphanburi fan is to know that you are an important part of the club. The club really knows how to value their fans.

What have been your high points so far this season?
Well, according to me our highest point this season is yet to come. The semi-final match against Chonburi FC on Sunday is definitely going to be the most important game for us this season. Another point I would like to mention is the 5-2 win over Muangthong United at the SCG Stadium… that was a very sweet victory for us, I must say.

And your low points?
Definitely we are not having a great season; most of our fans were expecting a lot more from the club. In my point of view, our lowest point of this season is the lack of consistency that our team is showing, even though we are performing well against top clubs, we are losing important points against weaker sides. On top of that key players like Mika, Luis and Kittipong have left the club during the current season.

Realistically, what can Suphanburi achieve in the short term?
According to me we have the ability to win the FA Cup this season. In my opinion, the FA Cup winners will come from the match between Suphanburi FC and Chonburi FC. I strongly believe our team can finish the TPL in a pretty respectful position as well.

And in the long term?
Suphanburi FC is a club with high expectations and is quickly improving on and off the field. As I can see, our management body is working really hard to take the club’s professionalism to a totally different level. In the last few years Suphanburi FC have gone from an unknown team to a club with worldwide visibility, attracting top players and partners from all over the world.  Honestly speaking, I believe we can achieve a lot in the next few years and become one of Asia’s top clubs.

What are your impressions of your current coach?
Mr. Popov seemed a bit lost at the beginning, but slowly he is learning how things work over here. I hope he can lead us to be FA Cup champions at the end of this season.

If you could give him one piece of advice, what would it be?
According to me we, should try to play more counter attacks since we have fast players like Jakkaphan and deadly finishers like Lindemann and Bireme on our side.

Likewise, if you could give one piece of advice to your club chairman, what would that be?
Keep working hard and don’t lose hope. We are on the right path to succeed.

What are you expecting from Sunday’s match?
I am expecting a very tough match against Chonburi FC. As we all know, “The Sharks” are having a terrific season. However, I trust our guys, and I am pretty sure we can do well on Sunday.

What affect will the constant changing of date and venue have had on your players and coaches?
I don’t think that should be a major issue for our guys. Even though this constant changing of dates and venues might be a little annoying sometimes, I strongly believe our boys are 100% ready to play anytime and anywhere.

How do you think the long break without competitive matches will affect both sets of players on Sunday?
Even though both teams have been playing friendly matches during this period, we know that’s not the same as playing competitive games. However, in some ways the break was good for us, since we could improve our players’ stamina during this period. I really hope this long break won’t affect our game in any negative way.

Which Suphanburi players do we most need to look out for and why?
In my point of view, we currently have four outstanding players in the squad; Márcio Rosário, Jakkaphan, Lindemann and Bireme. They can definitely lead us to victory if they perform well.

What are your impressions of Chonburi this season?
As I have mentioned before, Chonburi is having an amazing season (once again). It is never easy to face such a strong opponent like them. I believe Chonburi FC will fight until the end against Buriram Utd for the TPL trophy this season. Best of luck from me in your pursuit of the league title.

Which of our players are you most wary of and why?
Thiago Cunha. According to me he is a very strong and lethal player. Our guys must watch out for him, otherwise we might be in trouble.

What sort of turnout can we expect from the Suphanburi fans?
We can surely expect thousands of supporters coming from Suphanburi and other provinces. One of the reasons why Suphanburi is so popular is because of our fanbase, no matter where the team will play, you can always expect a huge amount of fans to be there at the stadium.

Would you care to make a score prediction?
2-1 to Suphanburi (Lindemann and Bireme).

Anything else you’d like to add?
I would like to thank you for this opportunity and wish for a great game for both teams on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment