Sunday 24 May 2020

Chonburi Fan Profile - Tobi: 2009

A profile of Chonburi fan, Tobi, from August, 2009.



Name : Tobi 
Nationality : German 

Q : Which was your 1st Chonburi match? 
I am not sure, but it was in 2008. I think it was a home match against Chula. At least the Chula match was one of my first. 

Q : Why did you start supporting Chonburi? 
I have been interested in football for nearly 25 years. Even though I have lived for some time in Thailand, I was still following my "home" team (Borussia Dortmund) via the internet and TV. But after a while I got in touch with the Thai Football. I started to watch the Thai national team and met a lot of guys cheering and loving Thai football. I started to look for the Thai League fixtures and saw that one match was in Chonburi. 

At this time I was living near Pattaya, so it was very close to my home. I really liked the people there and the atmosphere and I was sure that I would keep going. 

Q : Who is your favourite current Chonburi player? 
There is no favourite player for me. The team is my favourite. 

Q : Which has been your most memorable Chonburi match? 
There have been a few. The away match in the AFC Cup in Hanoi was a great trip and a lot of fun. Then the away match against Samut Songram this season. There was really heavy rain at the end. Till (my friend) and I were driving back only in underwear. Since that match we keep a bag of dry clothes so we can change in the car. 

Q : Which trophies do you think we will win this season? 
Kone will get the trophy for the most goals... 

Q : What do you think about the Chonburi Fan Club? 
It's great. It's a really huge family. It's hard to explain... In Europe you often have lots of groups within a team's fan club and every group want to be the best group, or something special. In Chonburi you have also these groups, but they all respect and like each other... 

Q : Why do you think that Thai football has suddenly become so popular? 
They have started to promote it more professionally. Thai people are interested in football, they just have to get them interested in local football. And actually, I think that this is just the beginning ... 

Q : Which other teams (Thai or foreign) do you support? 
Dortmund. Till I die! 

Q : Anything else you'd like to add? 
Just a big thank you to all the Chonburi FC Supporters and all the beer I've been given. A big thank you to all the Thai football supporters. A big thank you to all the foreign supporters in Thailand, especially to Nigel who is doing great work helping to promote Thai football and of course a big thank you to Mr Dale and Nui.

No comments:

Post a Comment