Tuesday 7 April 2020

Interview With Anthony Ampaipitawong: 2014

My interview with Bangkok Utd midfielder, Anthony Ampaipitakwong, from June, 2014


Q- Please can you start by introducing yourself.
A - My name is Anthony Ampaipitakwong. I am a Thai American soccer player for Bangkok United. I play midfield and have been in Thailand for 2 years. I started my career in the MLS with San Jose Earthquakes. I then signed with Buriram United before moving on to Bangkok United.

Q – Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
A – The biggest influence on my career are my parents. They guided me to be the player I am today and sacrificed a lot for me.

Q – What has been the biggest highlight of your career so far?
A - The biggest highlight of my career was winning the FA Cup and Toyota Cup in 2012 with Buriram. It was a great feeling to play in front of big crowds in big games.

Q – What are your personal ambitions for the future?
A - I want to help continue to support the growth of the sport of football in Thailand on and off the field. I love this sport and I also love to give something back.

Q – What are the biggest differences between the MLS and the TPL?
A - The biggest difference with the MLS and the TPL, is the physical part of the game. The MLS has a lot of bigger, stronger players so it is more aggressive. In the TPL, players are very fit and can play in hot weather.

Q- What are your overall impressions of the TPL?
A – The TPL is a very strong league and is growing very fast. I have seen the interest level in Thailand continue to grow each year and more top players are wanting to come and play in Thailand.

Q – What do you enjoy most about playing in the TPL?
A - One of the best things about being a player in the TPL is the travel to away games is short. In the MLS I would sometimes have to travel 6 hours by plane from Califoria to New York. I hated long road trips.

Q – How did you feel about your move from Buriram Utd to Bangkok Utd?
A - My move to Bangkok United was great. Bangkok has many things to do and see. I love the city.

Q – Please can you sum up Bangkok Utd’s season so far?
A - As with any club, before the season started, we wanted to be the best in Thailand. We still have the same ambitions but also we want to continue to improve each match. We are not where we wanted to be but we will work hard to get there. The spirit around the club is still very high. No matter what happens, we will continue to have a good spirit at the club.

Q – Which teams have impressed you the most so far this season?
A - There have been many top teams we have played in the TPL. This year there are so many good teams. It was fun to go back to Buriram and play. They always have a strong team to face. Also teams like BEC Tero and Army Utd play well.

Q – What are your impressions of Chonburi FC?
A – Every year Chonburi has been a strong club to play against. I know every time I have gone against Chonburi it has been a hard match. They play well as a team and use great teamwork.

Q – What are you expecting from Sunday’s match?
A - I am expecting a great match on Sunday. Hard fought, with a lot of chances to score. It will be fun to watch and we will see who comes out on top.

Q – Would you like to send a message to any Bangkok Utd fans who might be reading this?
A - To the Bangkok United fans, I want to say thank you for all your support this year. You have continued to give us support and love. We appreciate you fans and will continue to fight in every match.

Q – Thank you
A – You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment